Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Photo Challenge - Day 16 (yesterday)

What I Ate

I've been wanting to test out this Hawiian BBQ Crock Pot Chicken for a while now. I found it on Pinterest! I finally planned ahead and used the slow cooker so I could enjoy a nice meal for dinner. I followed this recipe loosely and loved it! It turned out so good! It's not too BBQ tasting as you would think! I highly recommend you try it.

My only substitutions were using a little less than half a bottle of Sweet Baby Rays Hickory & Brown Sugar BBQ Sauce, 1 can (8 oz.) of Publix's Pineapple Tidbits (include the juice), and 3 boneless chicken breasts (I recommend you use more sauce and pineapple if you're making more chicken -- per the recipe). I shredded the chicken and put the sauce and pineapple over my rice. I served it over brown rice and steamed broccoli. I cooked it for 6 hours on low.

I'm starting to use my slow cooker more, and trying to overcome my fear of leaving it on while I'm at work!

Please send me any slow cooker recipes you would like to share, you can leave it in the comment or send me an email, Seasidesmitten@aol.com

11 comments:

  1. Yum! It looks delicious! Slow cooker meals are always so tasty.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks yummy I've been wanting to try this recipe.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds really yummy! I am using my slow cooker today to prep chicken for the next week of meals! It's a life & time saver :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm glad I'm not the only crazy person who is afraid to leave the slow cooker on when no one is home. It makes me nervous. So I only use it when I am home all day, which is never, so that doesn't work.

    ReplyDelete
  5. the crock pot is one of the best inventions seriously so convenient for a working wife. mine is cooking chicken tacos right now, all ready for my husband and i when we come home here is the recipe over at martha stewart, you will love it!
    http://www.marthastewart.com/318209/slow-cooker-chili-chicken-tacos

    ReplyDelete
  6. I made something JUST like this last night and it was so delicious! I'll definitely be making it again!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love Pinterest, they have such good recipes! I bet this was delicious!

    ReplyDelete

I love receiving feedback on my posts, your comments are greatly appreciated! :)