Sunday, August 14, 2011

Our Weekend

The weekend went by too quick...as usual. We managed to fit a lot in and still have a very relaxing weekend too.

Friday after work we hit the gym together, went to play board games with The Reids and had a great time! It's those simple times I just love... not out spending money, just hanging out with other fun couples, enjoying ourselves!

Saturday morning we rode our bikes to Einsteins Bagels to get breakfast. It was so nice out! I still need to get a liner and bell for my bike! I'm obsessed with it, and can't wait to accesorize it a little more. When we got home we thought it would be fun to put Kelsey in my basket to see if she fit and liked it. She's a little big for the basket! lol She's a little heavy for me to ride with her in it, so Daniel went around the street with her and she seemed to really like it!

After bike riding we worked on our living room some. We washed our base boards and painted them as well as the trim, and front door. It looks and feels so much nicer! It's amazing what a fresh coat of paint does for a room. I'm so glad we took the time and just knocked it out. There's still so much to do to our house but it feels great to get something crossed off our to-do list. As we get more stuff done and decorated I'll be sure to post some pictures of our house, DIY projects and such on the blog.

Later that night we planned to have dinner with Daniel's brother Andrew and his girlfriend, Briana. We went to dinner at a laid back mexican restaurant called Jimmy Hula's. The food is very reasonably priced, we love the atmosphere and surf decor!

The only picture I took was of a nice frame/display I saw... Daniel has been wanting to buy more surf type house decor, and I saw this picture display at the restaurant. It's basically surf posters kinda glued together. I thought the framing was very different and a nice change. Hopefully we can make something similar!

After dinner we went to Fiddler's Green for drinks, and live music. We had such a fun time just talking and being silly... clearly, you can see how adorable Andrew and Briana are from these pictures! :)

Me and Bri!

The rest of the weekend consisted of Daniel making us waffles for breakfast this morning, me having lunch with my best friend, Kelly and her two sons, visiting Home Goods and Kirklands, going to the Avera's for dinner, and ending the evening at Barnes & Noble, before coming home and relaxing some.

Our week ahead will be fun, and busy. Early in the week our friend Tiffany is having her babies! She's having twins -- a boy and girl! We're very happy for the Mills' and can't wait to meet their two little ones. The rest of the week we're planning to get some more house projects done, Daniel has a networking gig, and we'll end the week with a fun date night with the Davis' and hopefully hitting up the beach.

Hope you had a fun weekend, and have a great week ahead!

13 comments:

  1. Wonderful! Awesome!
    Thanks for sharing, Nicole! I enjoyed the visit.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like a wonderful weekend! Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. ahh love your bike with the cute basket for the pup! (:

    ReplyDelete
  4. We got some house stuff done too! I'll be posting when I get home.

    So jealous of your bike. Mine broke last year and I haven't gotten a new one since.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good Monday morning to you, Nicole-Lynn:)

    Looking forward to seeing the pictures of eevrything with your home. A new coat of paint works wonders, and so do all the other home improvement projects. It's fun to make it truly your own that way!

    Just came by to say hello, to thank you for stopping by my blog earlier, and to wish you "Good Luck!" on the $300 dollar Cheesecake Factory Gift Card Giveaway:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Aw, Kelsey is so cute! Sounds like you had a fabulous weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sounds like a good weekend! That frame is really neat! It wouldn't be too hard to recreate I bet! :) I just brought my bike home from storage at my parents too! Excited to get it fixed back up!

    ReplyDelete
  8. awww that dog is so cute in the little basket! looks like you had a great (and busy!) weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love how fun and low key this weekend sounds! My favorite kind!

    ReplyDelete
  10. OMG...I'm not even a bike lover and I totally want that one!

    ReplyDelete
  11. riding bikes to get einsteins bagels are a perfect way to start your weekend, i truly loving riding bikes with my husband. you two are definitely adorable! ahh your friend is having twins, one of each wonderful!

    ReplyDelete

I love receiving feedback on my posts, your comments are greatly appreciated! :)