Monday, August 8, 2011

Our Weekend

We had a relaxing, fun weekend... Friday, I got my hair cut! Afterwards, I felt like doing something fun so Daniel and I went downtown and had some drinks just the two of us. I love those times where we can just talk and let loose.

Saturday we had plans to go to the beach for Daniel's birthday but we weren't able to go because we read online the weather would be bad so we cancelled it. Daniel woke up bright and early for a morning surf session and went with a couple of his friends anyway, and told me it was beautiful out! Bummer. I wish we could have went because he was really looking forward to it. At least he was still able to get out there and surf a little.

When he came home from the beach we did some yard work, and relaxed. We thought it would be fun to sit in our back yard, read a little, and get some sun too. It's so nice to have a back yard we can call our own and take some pride in! We love it.

Daniel won tickets to a soccer game for Saturday night and took his brother. It was outside, since it was supossed to rain that evening I chose not to go. I treated myself to dinner at Pei Wei, went to target, was on Pinterest way too long, and watch my girly shows.

Nothing like a hot day and some ice cold beers!

This is Kelsey's idea of a relaxing Sunday!

I was able to spend some time with my niece, Madison on Sunday! She came over for a little while and I had such a fun time with her. She's almost 3 and it is just so nice to be around her, and hear the funny stuff she says. I took her to feed the ducks, or rather birds I should say, and she had a great time.

Afterwards, we went to McDonalds to get some ice cream, and of course she talked me into getting her a Smurf toy. She's obsessed.

We spent the rest of the evening at home, and we went over to our neighbors for a little bit. They're in their mid 40's with two kids, and just so sweet. We will definitely be spending more time over there in the near future. It's so nice to have friendly neighbors that we can be comfortable around. They were telling us about fun block parties in our neighborhood around the holiday's which we are looking forward to participating in this year! :)

I'm hoping to get the rest of our wedding recaps done this week, and start blogging about our honeymoon. Also, I thought it might be fun to start putting up our weekly dinner menu's too. Lastly, I'm still working out the kinks with this new layout (the tabs are linked to my old blog, etc.), so please bear with me...

I hope you had a fun weekend too, have a nice week ahead!

4 comments:

  1. Sounds like an awesome weekend! I just launched my new blog, High Heels & Flip-Flops, @ www.highheelsflipflops.com, too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a nice relaxing weekend :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You two are so stinking cute! Just when life seems so busy and I feel like I can't find enough time, you and Daniel always remind me to stop and take just take the time to spend with you spouse. Thanks for the motivation girl!

    ReplyDelete

I love receiving feedback on my posts, your comments are greatly appreciated! :)