Friday, July 22, 2011

Our Wedding: The Ceremony - Part II

It was about 5:10pm, everyone was waiting for me to walk down the aisle and for the Ceremony to start. Our family and friends were there to see Daniel and I commit ourselves to eachother as life long partners, and their love and support meant everything to us!

I waited inside with my step father, anxious to just get it all over with. I remember standing with him and telling him how happy I was and how nervous I was to be in front of all of these people. He reassured me everything would be ok, telling me I was such a beautiful bride, and that he was so happy for me. I'll always remember our little chat moments before I walked down the aisle!

Here are some more pictures from our wedding Ceremony!

Daniel waiting for me to walk out the double doors...

As soon as Daniel saw me he had this beautiful smile plastered across his face!

...and as soon as I saw him, I had this smile plastered across my face too! I couldn't take my eyes off him! I remember not seeing anyone else but him there pretty much our entire Ceremony. Even the moments we would stop to say our vows, put our rings on, do our Sand Ceremony, everyone else just seemed like a blur (with the exception of looking over at our dog, Kelsey! She let out a couple yelps and pants during the Ceremony! haha). I just remember it being us two in that moment..

Here's my step father reading a scripture, 1 Corinthians 13: 4-8. Before getting engaged I remember being impatient and wondering when it would be our time to take that next step in our relationship. There were many moments where I just wouldn't understand God's timing. My step father would often tell me that "Love was patient", and I always remembered that. So it only seemed fitting that he read this scripture at our wedding!

On my hard days, I would think of that scripture and try to remain positive. Now, I always try to remember that, not just with my life and relationships, but when I'm driving in traffic, or judging others. I always try to remember that love is patient.. our love for one another should be patient at all times.

I love this picture!

Another favorite!

All of the groomsmen...

The bridesmaids (the Jr. bridesmaids and flower girl were seated)

I was excited! haha

Here I am reading my personal vows to Daniel. Since they're so personal to us, I prefer not to share them on my blog, sorry. Let me just say I used the word "fart" towards the end and everyone about died. I think it caught them off guard! haha

We chose to read our own vows in addition to traditional vows. We had special vow cards made which weren't photographed so I'll have to show them to you in another post when I show the other details.

Also, believe it or not Daniel and I both didn't cry at all! There were moments where I felt like I was getting emotional, but there were no tears! I'm a very emotional person and we've been together for almost 10 years, so I thought we would both be crying for sure. But I guess we were just full of nerves and happy to be getting married that we both just didn't cry! haha

Here's Daniel reading his personal vows to me...

Exchanging of the rings...

Favorite!

Our first kiss as husband and wife! You may now kiss your bride!

I love how our officiant is looking away! haha

Another favorite! I love that our photographer captured sweet moments like this..

Daniel wiping off my lip gloss! haha

Mr. & Mrs. Beverly! Yey!

I remember our whole Ceremony... not word for word, but I remember walking down the aisle towards my husband, the charge our officiant/friend Dan gave us, and all of the sweet things he said about us, exchanging our personal and traditional vows, the scripture reading, the sand ceremony, exchanging of the rings, etc.

I may have been a basket case the morning/afternoon of the wedding day, but when it came to the Ceremony I focused and just relished in the moment. What a special time. We were very fortunate to have received a copy of our whole Ceremony (what our officiant read aloud). It's nice to have it as a keepsake and to be able to look back on our special day!

*All photos by Grise Photography

9 comments:

  1. Awww so pretty! I especially love the black and white photos. Looks like a lovely ceremony.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awwwwww! GREAT pics! I love the ones of you praying. The look on his face when he sees you is priceless! Did you guys see each other beforehand?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you! Kristen, no we chose not to see eachother beforehand! We waited so long to get married, that we thought it would be more special to wait. We were so happy with our decision! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love it!!! Your pictures are so pretty! The way the light falls just adds to the beachy-ness of it all! :) Getting a copy of the ceremony was a great idea! Think I'll ask my officiant if he has a copy of ours!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely! I thought I'd cry more during the ceremony too but I only got teary-eyed a few times. Like you, I was just really happy!

    ReplyDelete
  6. My favorite wedding pictures are always the ones of the groom when he sees the bride for the first time. Love that one of Daniel!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love that yall read yalls own vows in addition to traditional ones. I wish I would have done that. I didn't think I was gonna cry and was fine the entire day until i walked through those doors and i started bawling. LOL

    ReplyDelete

I love receiving feedback on my posts, your comments are greatly appreciated! :)