Monday, July 11, 2011

Beach Weekend

Every year Daniel and I like to take a trip down to Sebastian, FL. A quaint, quiet little beach/fishing town between Melbourne and Vero Beach. My dad has a timeshare there and just about every year my family will go and spend the entire week there, and Daniel and I get a couple days near the end of the week to ourselves. The week of the timeshare just so happens to fall near my birthday every year (7/12), so we always make a trip out of it and get an early start on celebrating my birthday!

After work Thursday we both packed, dropped off our dog, Kelsey to a friends, and drove to Sebastian. We treated my family to dinner at a local italian restaurant, and later that evening Daniel and I went to Captain Hirams Sandbar for a drink, and called it a night! My family left Friday morning, and Daniel and I just hung out around the timeshare at the pool, got ready for dinner, and ate at Squid Lips on the water. The restaurant was on stilts... very cool! After dinner we hit up Captain Hirams Sandbar again. On our last day, Saturday, we went to Sebastian Inlet. Daniel surfed, and I caught some rays, read a magazine! Nothing beats lounging on the beach in beautiful weather, spending time with eachother, with Bob Marley and Jack Johnson playing on our Ipod! We might of snuck a few ice cold cruisers in a cooler too...

The rest of the weekend we did a lot of house work, and enjoyed a nice date night seeing the movie Horrible Bosses. It was a fun, relaxing time spent with my hubby!

I only took a handful of pictures on my iPhone. Here are some pictures from our short stay...

Walking up to the Squid Lips restaurant I saw my favorite beachy tree, a sea grape tree! Love those bright green leaves!

Yep, that's my handsome hubby... and the front of the restaurant.

Our fruity cocktails, Pirates Painkiller for him, and a strawberry margarita for me!

Before going out Friday night we spent a few hours just talking, listening to music, and dancing in the living room! We ocassionally have dance parties when it's just the two of us and this particular night it was me busting out the moves...what you don't have dance parties?! You should! :)

You wish you had moves like me! Don't be jellie!

...and while Daniel and I were waiting for our drinks at the bar later that night, we saw some kids pull up a seat and order waters. I thought it would be funny to get a picture of these two kiddos at the bar, just something you don't see everyday! :) *not saying I condone kids at a bar, but they were really just asking for waters and were just as cute as can be!

Tomorrow's my birthday, I'll be 27! Gosh, where does the time go? While I feel a little indifferent about turning a year older, I have to say I just love birthday's! Daniel always makes it a special day for me, and this year will be my first "married birthday", so I'm looking forward to it. He bought me a beach cruiser bike which he surprised me with on Thursday before we left for Sebatian. It had a big pink bow on it and all! I'm just waiting on a basket and bell for it which will make it complete! You know it's all about the accessories! haha Tomorow night after work we have dinner reservations at Texas De Brazil (never been, looking forward to trying it out!)... should be fun!

4 comments:

  1. Happy early Birthday! Love that you got a beach cruiser for your bday!!!! so fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL at you jammin' it out! I was totally jellie, ha! I love to dance by myself.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Birthday! I'm turning 27 later this month. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dance parties!! That is awesome! :)

    ReplyDelete

I love receiving feedback on my posts, your comments are greatly appreciated! :)