Thursday, March 15, 2012

Savannah

The first weekend in March we went to Savannah with another couple, our good friends, Beth & Bobby! We had them over at our house one night and thought it would be so fun to go to Savannah together! We originally planned to go for St. Patrick's Day weekend (this weekend) but the hotels were outrageously overpriced and everything was booked. It worked out well though, we had such a nice time!

We got in around dinner time on a Friday night, and we had a dinner reservation at the Olde Pink House. I had heard so many great things about this southern restaurant and knew we had to try it out. It was simply amazing...the food, ambiance, just everything! I absolutely loved it. I had their filet w/ asparagus and potatoes, both hubby's had the BLT fried green tomato salad, and Beth had their sweet potato ravioli meal. Everything was great!

Their signature drink, The Pink Lady's! :)

Group shot! *darn camera phone flash.. we look evil!

The next day we had a short window of "good weather". There was a tornado warning for that afternoon until later in the evening. We had a tornado siren go off and our hotel came on the intercom. Everyone seemed so calm but I was FREAKING out! Nothing happend, just a lot of heavy rain, but thank the Lord we were ok and there were no tornado's!

Before the weather turned on us we decided to explore River Street a little and have brunch @ Huey's. Huey's is a must! Such good breakfast and great for people watching!

After brunch we went to the Savannah Bee Co. where I picked up some Tupelo Honey (which was featured on Oprah! lol), and drove to a kitchen store I really wanted to check out called, Kitchen's on the Square. I bought some cute porcelain tags you can write on with markers. Great to use for food signs when hosting parties!

The weather was terrible on Saturday, which was basically our only good day to actually do anything. We stayed inside at our hotel most of the day, got a drink and lunch at their bar downstairs, and later went to The Pirate House for dinner, and drinks aftewards.

At the Pirate House. Their fried chicken meal was amazing!

After dinner we went to LuLu's! Such a cute little place! Beth and I loved it. They served desserts and dessert cocktails! We ordered chocolate martini's!

After dinner and drinks we went to a bar to see a random band play. It was a few old guys who were pretty good! So fun.

Also, if you haven't already noticed Daniel was in charge of taking pictures. Normally I don't really document our trips. I'm just not good with keeping up with it. Maybe that's something I should work on? I thought Daniel did a pretty good job! ;)

On our last day in Savannah we got breakfast at Panera and visited Tybee Island on our way home. Visiting Tybee was another one of my "musts". Daniel and I are just major beach people and I heard there was good driftwood there! I had high hopes for some DIY driftwood Pinterest projects! lol

My husband having a driftwood photo shoot... lol

So pretty!

Beth and I with our driftwood finds!

While our trip was short, and the weather wasn't ideal we still had a really nice, relaxing time! The two places I wanted to visit but we just couldn't was the Lady & Son's restaurant and the Sundae Cafe in Tybee (closed on Sunday).

If I could sum up this trip in two words it would be architecture and food! Both were just amazing! I would love to go again and explore some more when the weather is nicer. Maybe next St. Patty's we'll go? :) All in all, it was a fun weekend trip!

11 comments:

  1. We are heading to Florida this year to go to Disney but we are road trippin' it from Maryland :) Savannah is one of our overnight stops! I'm so excited.. I'm dying to go to Tybee and driftwood beach! LOVE all the pictures! and I'm glad to know you had a good time regardless of the weather :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Savannah is one place I've never been but have always wanted to visit. I'll add it to my must visit list now! Love all your pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Despite the weather, this sounds like a great trip! I'm so glad ya'll made it to Savannah Bee Company! Chris and I were actually planning a trip for the same weekend, but he had to work (then ended up getting the weekend off anyway). We're hoping to make it there before I start my internship! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ah I love Savannah! We went 2 years ago and were thinking about going in April for our anniversary. We didn't make it out to Tybee last time because it was winter I would love to go and I want to eat at the Olde Pink House.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds awesome! I have never been to Savannah but would love to visit someday.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm so serious about you guys being a travel inspiration! There really are so many fun things to see within driving distance of our home and we just never go! Other than to random team ropings of course... But even then all we see is the horse facilities. haha.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I truly want to go there this Summer....Meet me for drinks?? =)))))

    ReplyDelete
  8. How fun!! I have always wanted to go to Savannah - it looks like such a lovely place!

    ReplyDelete
  9. i miss traveling!!!! especially finding those places close to home.... The beach looks gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hey Friend! For some reason your blog hasn't been showing up on my reader! I've been missing you! Hope all is well-- y'all look fabulous as always!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love Savannah! I went last year and we didn't have great weather either... it was cold and windy and rained a little. So I def want to go back as well!

    ReplyDelete

I love receiving feedback on my posts, your comments are greatly appreciated! :)