I was a little excited about the Starbucks v-day cup! It's no secret V-day is my favorite holiday!

In the beginning of March Mishka came in concert. We saw him a couple years back too and he put on a great show both times! I fondly remember having a few cocktails and singing along to every song with my hubby! So fun!


On V-day I went to the elementary school I mentor at, and had lunch with the two kiddos that I help. They were so excited about their chocolates I gave them.

Some heart shaped whoopie pies I made from Oreo Cakesters for Daniel's co-workers...

Beautiful V-day flowers my hubby had sent to my job!

Daniel was so sweet, and thoughtful when it came to his gift for me. Not only did I receive beautiful flowers, but he also gave me a beautiful card, and after dinner he had a surprise for me. He had me look around the house for "hidden" V-day cards. The cards were like the kind you got in grade school. He found old school images online, printed them up, cut them out and wrote 100 sweet things he loved about me. It was so fun going through our entire house to try and find them all. I thought I'd share some of my favorites w/ y'all...
- When we're at the exercise machines together and you make silly faces or act like you're deaf
- That you take pride in our home
- When we talk about our future family together
- That you will make a great mother someday
- When I come home and you and Kelsey greet me at the door
- When you tell me things that you want to do to help others and other things you do to want to improve your life
- That you have good morals and values
- How far we've come since we first started dating
- Your freckles
- That you believe in Jesus
- When we have fun with other couples
- When you have a couple glasses of pinot grigio
- When we have dance parties
- When you wear my baggy shirts to bed
- When you stop by my job to bring me dinner
- When you tell me about your 3 good things about your day
- When you do independent women stuff
- When we go to the beach together to hangout
- That you let me be the man in our relationship
- When we're out in public together and I can tell exactly what you're thinking
- When we wake up on the weekend and eat breakfast together
- When I hug you and you feel so tiny in my arms
- That I know I can trust you
- Your hard work to get through school
- That you want to move to San Diego and other places with me


Our yummy dinner we made together!

After dinner we went to a local restaurant for some beers in our neighborhood, Maxines on Shine. It was such a lovely ending to a wonderful first married V-day! :)

One day in February, during the work week Daniel had some work to do near the beach so we decided to go together and make a day out of it. The surf was nice too so I watched my honey surf, and we got dinner before heading home.


While I had a handful of pictures to share our month was pretty full! We worked on some house projects--fixed up our yard some, had our roof re-done, worked on our gallery wall and bar. I also commited to doing a "no fast food in February" challenge, we hosted a couples game night at our place which was so fun!, we celebrated 1 year in our home (2/15), and a few date nights. February was my month to take Daniel somewhere new and plan out the night, so I took him to Cantina Laredo, and we enjoyed yummy mexican food and margarita's over dinner, and ended the our night seeing "The Vow". We also had our more laid back date nights, including one at one of our fav places, Barnes & Noble. :)













Sound nice. I like taking turns taking each other somewhere new. That's a great idea!
ReplyDeleteSounds like a lovely Valentines Day! What a good hubby you have! :) Congrats on one year in your home! We're coming up on ours too... May!
ReplyDelete