Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Our Wedding: Our Honeymoon - Maui Part III

Here's the rest of our Maui pics. I left out a lot of food and scenery pictures otherwise these posts would go on for days!

I believe this picture was taken on our last day, in the morning time. We went to the Sunrise Cafe for breakfast again, and walked around Lahaina before checking out of our hotel, driving to the airport.

I love this pic because I'm in front of my favorite sea grape tree! Love it.

Such a cool pic of a local with his pup on the rocks, looking out at the surf...

Captured a pic of my honey looking at the surf, and with some sweet sailboats in the distance.

I loved how a lot of the locals looked so relaxed and were outside enjoying the beautiful weather.

The Farmer's Market in Lahaina

On our last night, we went to a Luau (The Old Lahaina Luau -- highly recommend!), and we had a wonderful time. The food was unbelievable. I think we both went back for thirds and had an endless amount of cocktails. Before the Luau started we enjoyed our buffet style dinner, while listening to a band play. The sounds of ukelele's playing, the beautiful weather, and the overall ambiance was just unreal. We loved it.

Daniel likes to do the look away...

During the Luau the band called all newlyweds up to dance. It was the sweetest thing. Our waiter asked if we wanted our picture taken while we danced and he was able to get some nice pictures of us.

Awkward! haha

Love this one.

One of the day's we were in Maui we had a spa day. I believe this was the same morning as the Luau (sorry these pics aren't in order). We started our morning off with breakfast. It was this yummy, small restaurant on the water called MaLa. I highly recommend it! I had their popular french toast which was heavenly! See....

The view of the water during breakfast...

It was mother's day so the restaurant was passing out these little flowers! Daniel asked me to pose in front of the restaurant with it! ha.

Ahhh, the much anticipated spa day. We heard wonderful things about the Hyatt Regency Maui Resort & Spa. Boy, did it not disappoint! Their hotel is AH-MAZING. I truly wish we had decided to stay here for our entire stay in Maui. We had read reviews on Trip Advisor not to stay here (as honeymooner's) because it was geared towards families and kids were everywhere, but seriously that wasn't the case. I loved this hotel and we will definitely stay there on our next visit!

**Yes, I am super pale on our honeymoon... boo! I tried getting sun without getting burnt so I could enjoy our honeymoon and not be miserable. I've heard horrer stories!

We reserved a couples oceanside massage for the both of us which was so nice. We both enjoyed their spa services. Before our scheduled massages, we had some time to waste. I loved sitting in the hot tub, while reading my book, and Daniel enjoyed the sauna.

The hotel is just beautiful! Their grounds were imaculate. They had swans in their little ponds!

A

After our massages we relaxed on this balcony overlooking the ocean. It was so pretty and relaxing!

Loved this book, highly recommend! :)

After enjoying the spa, we took it upon ourselves to enjoy their pool! We ordered lunch and cocktails, layed out and swam in their beautiful pool. After hours at the spa it was time to go back to our hotel, and then I believe, we got ready for our luau.

On our last day we stopped by a beach for a little bit. I collected some pieces of driftwood and shells to take home.

A little keiki! ;)

After breakfast and enjoying the beach, our last day in Hawaii came to an end. We went back to our hotel and packed up.

Overall thoughts of Hawaii (Oahu and Maui) -- we loved it! We will definitely be back! We especially loved Maui. I can't give any recommendations for the other islands but I'm sure they're pretty too.

If you are considering a trip to Maui, I recommend the Hyatt Regency Resort (and their spa services). Also, check out Lahaina, it's a popular little town, has a lot of restaurants, and things to do. The Old Lahaina Luau was great. They put on a great show, the food was awesome and the service was wonderful. We wish we could have had a little more time in Maui, so 4 - 5 days in each spot is recommended. Also, for wherever you plan to vacation sign up for their Groupon. We saved a lot of money on our excursions and restaurants by doing that. Also, definitely rent a car. You will need one! Turn on the radio and enjoy the music... we loved listening to their local hawaiian radio station, 93.1 Pa'ina! :)

Next stop was CA! More pics to come.

5 comments:

  1. Massages by the beach - how lovely!! And all that delicious luau food - yum!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous pictures girl! Ya'll look like you had an amazing time! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVED reading this!! We are off to Maui in Sept which makes me wanna go now!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. All your honeymoon pictures look beautiful! I would love to go to Hawaii someday.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my gosh, Nicole, your honeymoon looks F-A-B-U-L-O-U-S! Hawaii looks stunning in these pictures and you two are just adorable! The view from those massage tables looks great, and oh my goodness, that big plate of french toast looks delish! I cannot wait to go to Hawaii one day!!

    ReplyDelete

I love receiving feedback on my posts, your comments are greatly appreciated! :)