Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Our Wedding: Our Honeymoon - Maui Part II

Here's a view of the front entry of our hotel, they had this beautiful outrigger in the grass in front of hotel.

Here's a view of the courtyard at the hotel we stayed at. It was so pretty. Everything is so lush and green there. We didn't go to the pool or the beach on the property, and it was nothing too exciting but it was pretty!

I believe we had breakfast at this little Sunrise Cafe a couple days in a row. It didn't have a good view or anything, but supporting the locals and saving some money on breakfast made it an A+ for us. We highly recommend this little cafe for anyone visiting the Lahaina area in Maui.

After breakfast we wanted to venture to Paia to drive the Road to Hana. The day we chose to go was pretty overcast, and we made it about half way, but we still had a nice time. I wouldn't say it's a "must" thing to do while in Maui, but if you have spare time and want to do something then I would say go for it. Next visit to Maui we will spend at the beach more, or venturing to a different part of Maui.

We picked up a picnic lunch in Paia first, and then ate it at one of our stops along the Road to Hana.

On our way we stopped to see a fence made out of surfboards...

A surf spot on the way... Daniel said it gets really big here, a lot of locals were out there.

Here we are checking out the little stand at our first stop. We enjoyed trying some fresh coconut juice!

The water was freezing so I opted not to jump in the water, but Daniel did. We ventured the Road to Hana a little further and decided it was getting late and we didn't want to drive the winding roads in the dark, so we turned around and went back to our hotel. We went out to dinner that evening and layed low. I think we were in bed about 9pm every night because we were SO tired. Eating all of their delicious food and the time change (about 6 hours difference) really affected us but we still managed to enjoy our stay.

Next up, more Maui pics and ending our honeymoon vaca in Southern California!

3 comments:

  1. Looks great! I loved Maui when we were there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your pictures! And drinking straight from the coconut - I love it! I didn't do the Road To Hana when I was in Maui but I would love to do it next time I go back there. That waterfall is just beautiful! Can't wait to see more! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh man... I need an island vacation! :) Everything looks so lush and green!

    ReplyDelete

I love receiving feedback on my posts, your comments are greatly appreciated! :)