We rang in 2012 at home! While we would have loved to had an excuse to get dressed up and go out, we thought ringing in our first year as a married couple at home would be nice! We snacked on finger foods, drank champagne and lit fireworks off our backyard deck! It was a fun night at home, just the three of us (Kelsey too!).
I have to admit though, I was a little sad "our year" was over. We had many fun things happen in 2011. We bought our first home, enjoyed all of our wedding festivities, got married, had an amazing honeymoon and many fun newlywed memories. While I was sad to see our year of fun go, we know 2012 will be an exciting year too. We are looking forward to spending more time on our house, planning fun trips throughout the year, and being apart of Andrew & Briana's wedding festivities! So many fun things to look forward to and enjoy.
In late December, we had a trip booked to Buffalo, NY to visit Daniel's grandpa. His grandpa is getting older and it's been an annual tradition to go visit.
Here we are on the plane!
Snow! I love visiting snow but I don't know how people live up North, or where it's cold. No thank you.
Daniel's brother, Andrew and his fiance, Briana met us up there and stayed too. Briana and I were SO excited it snowed! We were hoping for at least one day of snow and I think it snowed two days out of our 4 day stay.
We like to visit Niagara Falls everytime we go since it's such a short drive away. Such a neat thing to see... if you haven't been you must go at least once!
It was FREEZING!
Please excuse Daniel's ugly puffer jacket! :) I need to buy him another one before our next visit.
On our last day saying our good bye's! Such a nice visit!
Mid January we decided to make a weekend trip to the beach. In the winter I'd say we try to go to the beach a few times. Sometimes the waves are good, but often times they're not. We like to go just because even if that means just sitting, reading, and enjoying a lazy afternoon all bundled up on the beach!
One of our "relationship resolutions" for this year (and hopefully we'll continue doing this for years to come) was to throw in a monthly date night where we try something new (we still have our weekly, casual date nights). We trade on and off, so in January Daniel planned our first one. We went to a place called Wine and Canvas. We watched an instructor, and painted our own canvas... while finishing off a nice bottle of wine. :)


















Love all the pictures! we stayed in on NYE too :) & for the record, we live in Maryland. I really love it in the Summer, we're close to Annapolis, the beach, the mountains, D.C and Gettysburg. But I totally hate hate HATE Winter. It's sunny and 78 degrees here though today! I'm so excited to see all your blog posts this year ;-)
ReplyDeleteYou guys have been busy! My dad is from Rochester - very close to Buffalo!
ReplyDeleteYou guys go on the best trips!!! We need to do that more for sure!
ReplyDelete