Here are some other pics we took while we were at the beach for our big announcement pic!
Size of the little darling?
An olive (9 weeks)
![]() |
| An olive (9 weeks) |
![]() |
prune (10 weeks)
|
![]() |
| and lime! (11 weeks) |
Weight Gain? I've gained about 4 pounds already! Yikes! I feel like I'm starting to show a little when I wear tight clothing like my yoga pants.
Stretch Marks? Nope, not yet!
Gender? Thinking girl! Daniel is convinced it's a boy (of course, go figure!)
Movement? Way too soon.
Sleep? I've been getting better sleep! I haven't been tossing and turning as much and I wake up feeling pretty rested! Still getting up a couple times a night to pee. I think that annoys me the most! ha!
Food Cravings? Sweets! It's hard for me to resist a cookie or ice cream. The ice cream is a weird craving, because pre-pregnancy I wasn't much of an ice cream person. I think it's the coldness of it. I just want cold water and cold anything lately (this summer should be loads of fun! haha). I've been craving fresh fruit, too, so I'm hoping we can get some watermelon and cantaloupe cut up this weekend!
Food Aversions? It's been hard eating veggies! I just don't want them, really. I've been having a hard time finding foods that sound appetizing at lunchtime, too. Nothing sounds good to me!
What I Miss? Having a social life! After sharing next week it'll be easier being around others without trying to hide our secret! I've started making a small list of fun dates for Daniel and I to enjoy while I'm pregnant (which is challenging!). I may share some of those ideas on the blog soon if y'all are interested.
Symptoms? Same symptoms as last week, but less nauseated and my headaches are off an on these past couple weeks. Also, I'm feeling more hungry. After dinner I don't feel satiated, I need to ask my Dr. what she recommends that I do about this! I don't like eating too late, but I am just so darn hungry! Good news, as of 11 weeks, almost 12-- I have not got sick at ALL! Praise God. Only nauseous here and there, but no sickness. I am blessed for sure. I've heard horror stories about friends getting sick throughout their whole first trimester.
Best Moment of the Week? Our 9 week appt on 4/24 we were able to hear the baby's heartbeat! I remember being so anxious the days leading up to it and fearing we would leave our appt. not hearing a heartbeat. I had a vaginal ultrasound, it wasn't difficult at all to find the heartbeat and it was fast -- 179BPM! (old wives tale says high heartbeat it's a girl.. we shall see!) What a relief! Definitely the best moment of these three weeks! Seeing our sweet baby in our ultrasound pictures makes this pregnancy feel more REAL. We're having a baby!!!
Also looking forward to our next appt. on 5/13 when I'll be 12 weeks. Praying for another good heartbeat and healthy baby, so we can make an announcement soon after!
![]() |
| 9 week ultrasound |





.jpg)
.jpg)



.jpg)







YAY! :) So glad the ultrasound went well! Such a little peanut! Hearing the heartbeat is my favorite part of the appointments. Knowing the little baby is healthy is so comforting!!
ReplyDeleteJust found your blog and so excited to follow along!!!! Congrats! :)
ReplyDeletewordsaboutwaverly.blogspot.com
I totally have a needle phobia too! I cannot count how many times I have had my blood taken since being preggo. I went and took my first glucose test and was border line failing so my doctor ordered the second glucose test, which was 3 hrs long. They took my blood 4 times! 4 Times! After not eating for 12 hours! My arms were soooo sore after but good news is I did pass :) lol and you get used to needles after being pricked so many times :)
ReplyDeletexo
Samantha
Awww. This so sweet!
ReplyDeleteAwww, Daniel is so sweet! So glad he was there with you. AND LOOK AT THAT LITTLE BEAN! Eeeeep! There's nothing more incredible than seeing that sweet baby on the screen for the first time!
ReplyDeleteNever had blood drawn...to test for pregnancy...just urine! Am I the only one?! :-)
ReplyDelete