Thursday, May 16, 2013

Bumpdate: Weeks 5, 6, 7

How far along? At the time of this post, a couple days shy of 7 weeks! Praying every day for a healthy, full term baby!  I feel so sneaky drafting these posts and keeping this HUGE secret from you all! haha
Size of the little darling?
 An appleseed (5 weeks)
sweet pea (6 weeks)
and blueberry (week 7)!
Maternity Clothes? Wearing regular clothes still, but just received a bella-band that I ordered! It's helping with all the bloat!  I've also bought a couple maternity things and a pair of flats.  I'm preparing for a dreadfully hot summer here in FL!
Weight Gain? I think i've gained a couple pounds!  I swear it's all water weight/bloating, though.  I have actually been eating less because I've been so nauseous (but not sick yet!).  I've been working out some when my energy is up-- just light free weights and the elliptical
Stretch Marks? None yet.  Starting to use cocoa butter lotion 
Gender?  Way too soon to tell! 
Movement? Way too soon.
Sleep? I haven't been sleeping well.  I am just uncomfortable and toss and turn.  I'm starting to get tired earlier, too.  Hoping I start sleeping well soon.
Food Cravings? Tonight is date night and hubby is taking me to Olive Garden which I am very excited about! :) I still crave meat over chicken or anything else... bacon, hamburgers, sausage... Also, baked potatoes, cereal, eggs, cheese & crackers and Edy's Fruit Bars have been my go-to meals/snacks.    If I eat too much or too little I feel nauseous, so I bought some round whole wheat saltine crackers, lightly salted almonds to take with me in my purse and the baby sprite plastic bottles have been helping with nausea a lot, too.
Food Aversions?  Chicken.  I've had it here and there and I just don't crave it like I used to.  I don't get sick when I eat it, but I have just been avoiding it.  I can't eat a full meal and pig out either.  If I do I start feeling nauseous.  So I eat slow and sometimes save my meal for later when I'm hungry again.  I haven't had the urge to cook either.  My energy is low and I just don't have the get up and go desire to go grocery shopping, plan out our meals, cook them and clean up.  Hoping that changes soon, because I do like to cook for my little family :)
What I Miss? I haven't missed much these past few weeks -- although, I should add that I miss not worrying so much! haha  I worry all day everyday about having a miscarriage or something going wrong.  I hate that I think this way, but I think that's natural, especially this early in my pregnancy.    I'm trying to stay away from the message boards and googling things too much.  Sometimes the internet is NOT your friend! :)  I think it'll get easier when I tell more of my close friends that we're expecting.. it'll be nice to have more people to talk to.  While I've been very excited, enjoying my pregnancy thus far these past few weeks have felt very isolating!
Symptoms?  Still sore boobs, more nauseous but not sick yet, low energy, emotional, bloated, not sleeping well.
Best Moment of the Week? Telling our families at 6 weeks on Easter Sunday!   It was exciting hearing/seeing their reactions.   We told Daniel's brother and our SIL first.  We had them over for dinner and gave them the Reeses filled egg below.  We told my step-dad and some of my siblings in person, called my mom and older sister, called Daniel's older sister and skyped with Daniel's parents and younger sister.  Our families are all over the place, but everyone was so happy for us and it was so nice telling all of them first!
The note said "Aunt Briana and Uncle Andrew.. we're expecting a baby in November!" They were shocked and so happy for us! :) 
Daniel's idea to tell his family via Skype was to dress our dog up in his baby hospital hat and baby blanket. They didn't get it, so Daniel ended up telling them!

We also had our first OB appointment on 4/3 where we just went over paperwork.  It's starting to feel more REAL!!!  :)

3 comments:

  1. I love these! I love how you've told everyone too! Kelsey looks so cute in her picture too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that you told your families in such creative ways!! :)

    ReplyDelete

I love receiving feedback on my posts, your comments are greatly appreciated! :)