Thursday, May 16, 2013

Bumpdate: Week 8

How far along? 8 weeks and 2 days!
Size of the little darling? 
A raspberry! 

Maternity Clothes? Regular clothes but really getting some use out of my bella band! I love it so!
Weight Gain? Just a couple pounds, I believe.  We shall see at my appt on 4/24.
Stretch Marks? None yet... thankfully :)  I haven't been good at putting the lotion on this week, so I need to step it up although it is a bit early to use it.  I'll be using it more in the 2nd trimester.
Gender?  Way too soon to tell!  I did have a dream about a baby girl last week, though. Hmm...
Movement? Way too soon.
Sleep? I'm still having a hard time falling asleep and I toss and turn all night.  I was just telling Daniel I might need to invest in a pregnancy/ body pillow. Getting up to pee a couple times in the night is annoying, too.  I'm trying not to drink as much water a couple hours before bedtime.
Food Cravings?  I've had a weird nauseous, yet full feeling this week, so it's been hard to judge when I should eat and how full I will get.  I've been eating small meals and every meal there is leftovers. I'm craving carbs. Potatoes, eggs, cereal and some sweets in the evening like strawberry ice cream. 
 I had my first caffeine drink since finding out I was pregnant.  I was nervous, but tried to enjoy it.  I ordered a half caff, tall, iced, nonfat milk caramel machiato from Starbucks and drank half of it! I'm so paranoid! Dr. said it's OK though.
Food Aversions?  I don't want any veggies and although I'm able to eat chicken  I just don't prefer it.  Grocery shopping has been difficult.  I get to the store and I just buy foods I can tolerate.  This hasn't panned out well for my husband! haha  He's going to start brainstorming dinner ideas (as my mind is complete mush!) and hopefully helping me cook some of them.  I just have NO desire to cook right now. 
What I Miss? I am really starting to miss spending time with my friends (those of which don't know our news yet).  It's hard not being able to share our secret, but I know in a few short weeks we will be able to.  I'm not sure if it's just me... but the first trimester is a difficult one (emotionally).   I'm trying to be patient!  
Symptoms?  Still sore boobs, nauseous but not sick yet, low energy, emotional (cry at the drop of a dime!), bloated, not sleeping well, peeing frequently, occasional headaches, indigestion and lower back pain.
Best Moment of the Week?  Just making it another week, really.  8 weeks was a big deal to me.  As each Sunday approaches I am a little less worried.  I love reading up on what's going on inside my body and how the baby is developing each week!  It also makes me so happy to see Daniel is reading his books, too.  He will ask me questions like "are you feeling this yet?" and tell me things he's learned which is so sweet!

**Trying to get caught up here on the blog! More updates to come in the next few days!

4 comments:

  1. I was excited about week 8 too! I think it made the pregnancy seem "legit" or something. I also had the full/icky feeling and couldn't eat vegetables! We sound exactly the same! HAHA Good news is... I'm able to eat veggies again! Just not salad or broccoli. HAHA!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How fun! The nauseous feeling should go away soon, hopefully!

    ReplyDelete
  3. (sorry if I am stalking your updates and forcing advice lol) I started off with the boppy pregnancy wedge... later moved up to a body pillow and use the wedge on my backside and create a nice wedge on both sides. Hot water with lemon slices is what got me through really bad nauseousness and ate every 2-3 hours... and no veggies and chicken for me either in the beginning and lots of carbs! and that was as staple pre-preggers!

    hugs! Kim @ Party Frosting!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I ate carbs like a BOSS my whole pregnancy! I could not eat meat or vegetables to save my life!

    ReplyDelete

I love receiving feedback on my posts, your comments are greatly appreciated! :)