Monday, April 16, 2012

Menu Monday

As the weekend approached last weeks menu went to crap! lol That seems to be a reoccuring them! :) I try to have a plan, but sometimes it's easier to just go with the flow instead of stressing about it.

I made Monday and Tuesday's meals as planned (both were delicious), and made a BBQ Chicken Pizza on Wednesday night. Thursday we had plans to go to the beach but I miscalculated my time a little. I made a Poppyseed Chicken Casserole for our friends, the Davis family (their 5 month old son has been in and out of the hospital) and delivered it too late so it threw off our plans to go to the beach. We had Chipotle for dinner that night. Friday was fend for yourself night, Saturday we ate out at the beach, and Sunday we grilled at home. I'll post more about our weekend later...

Here's our menu for this week!

Monday:

Breakfast for Dinner

I didn't feel like grocery shopping this weekend (going Tuesday), so I used what we had in the fridge. This is my own take on a "country skillet bowl". Crispy hash browns, crumbled bacon pieces, diced onion and sweet peppers, mushrooms, cheddar scrambled eggs, and salt & pepper to taste. It's very easy to make and delicious!

via

Tuesday:

Alice Springs Chicken w/ Brown Rice and a side of Steamed Broccoli

I've been making this chicken (very similar to Outback's version) for a couple years now and it's always very good! I wanted to use up our mushrooms and bacon I cooked for Monday's dinner so they didn't go bad. I have a bad habit of buying ingredients for one meal, and forgetting about them in the fridge. I'm trying to think of meals we can make back to back, that are different but use some of the same ingredients so we aren't wasting. I'm also learning how to freeze meals. If you have any tips for freezing meals and have any go-to meals you like to prepare and freeze please share!

via

Wednesday:

Steak Strip Salad w/ a lemon-walnut vinaigrette dressing, parmesan cheese sprinkled on top and a whole wheat dinner roll

Thursday:

Date Night - Dinner Out

I'm thinking of trying out Bone Fish... we have never been before and I have been craving a good fish entree. Cooking fish intimidates me so we eat it very rarely at home.

Friday:

Whole Wheat Spaghetti w/ Meat Sauce, and garlic bread. Served w/ a side salad.

I make my own garlic bread. I butter whole wheat bread or dinner rolls, lay flat on a cookie sheet, spread butter, minced garlic, and a thin layer of shredded mozzarella cheese on top and broil in the oven until crispy. I like to make spaghetti about twice a month.

Saturday:

Fend for yourself

Sunday:

Dinner w/ the Davis'

As time allows, this week I would also like to make something lemony for dessert! I have been eyeing this Lemon Breeze Fridge Pie, and these Lemon Poppy Seed Cookies!

Also, I've been trying to add to my Tested Pinterest Finds board every time I make or do something I've seen on Pinterest. You can find all of the meals I've tried out w/my rating of how it tasted, and if we liked it.

What are you having for dinner this week?

6 comments:

  1. Great menu picks! Our plans also tend to collapse a bit as the week goes on. I love me some good Chipotle, too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can I come over to your place for dinner?! Like seriously... yum.

    ReplyDelete
  3. im eating whatever Mother is making :) and enjoying every minute :) Your menu looks delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  4. looks amazing!!! i have no idea what we're making this week (weekend menu plans were thwarted with emergency home renovations...) but when I get around to dinner ideas I am coming back to this post a-sap!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Now that all looks yummers, or as I say nom nom nom!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. My husband and I like to try to make menus at the beginning of the week, too. Otherwise, we fall into bad habits of eating out too much. Thanks for some great ideas!

    ReplyDelete

I love receiving feedback on my posts, your comments are greatly appreciated! :)