I love being on more of a routine and knowing what we'll have for dinner ahead of time. It takes the stress out of last minute decisions and trips to the store! Some of these meals were inspired from Pinterest which I can't wait to try! You'll notice most of our meals include a lot of chicken, which is what we eat a lot of. I buy it in bulk when it's on sale so it's typically what we already have in our freezer and is easy to make.
Here's what we'll be having for dinner this week!
Angel Chicken (Slow Cooker), served over whole wheat egg noodles, and a side of
roasted asparagus
Honey-Lime Chicken Tacos w/ Pineapple Salsa, served w/ Black Beans & Brown Rice (and maybe a Corona or two) -- I found this recipe on a blog a while back and we love it! I find it pretty time consuming to make, but Daniel is always requesting it!
via
Wednesday:
Asiago Crusted Pork Chops, served w/baked sweet potatoes and a side of 3-bean salad.
Thursday:
Dinner out w/ Andrew & Briana
Friday:
Dinner out - Date Night
Saturday:
BBQ Chicken Pizza, served w/ side salads --This is one of Daniel's favorite pizza's that I like to make for him about once a month. We omit the peppers, use Sweet Baby Ray's Brown Sugar bbq sauce, buy a pre-made whole wheat Boboli Pizza Crust, and cook it on a pizza stone. Yummy!
via
Sunday:
Spanish Chicken, served w/ red bliss potatoes, carrots, and onions! --I'm making some substitutions for this recipe. I love that it's a one pan dish!
I wish I could get into cooking!!!! My hubby would fall over with some of these served!!!
ReplyDeleteYou're pregnant so I can imagine how hard it would be to cook right now! Maybe after the baby you can try out some easy slow cooker recipes or casseroles? They're always so simple to put together!
Deleteyummy!!! I really have to be in the right mood to cook lol I attempt at least once a week. We live with my mom for the time being so I'm enjoying the fact that she cooks (for now) because I know soon she won't be cooking for us anymore! All of this stuff looks so good though.. I might attempt to cook something this week. (maybe!) LOL
ReplyDeletehaha you should!
DeleteOMG....everything looks amazing and delicious!
ReplyDeleteDon't leave the angel chicken in the crock pot longer than suggested lol kind of obvious I guess, but I did and it turned out weird. Those pork chops and tacos sound great!! Will need to try soon.
ReplyDeleteThanks for the tip. I cooked it for exactly 5 hours and it came out really tasty! We loved it and will definitely make it again!
DeleteEverything looks and sounds so yummy!
ReplyDeleteSounds like a very tasty week. Love all of the food you picked.
ReplyDeleteI like your menu for Thursday ;)
ReplyDelete