Wednesday, June 15, 2011

What's for dinner...

I've received a lot of emails requesting I share some recipes, so I decided to share what I made last night for dinner. It's one of Daniel's favorites, an easy meal anyone can make, and definitely easy on the budget too! I made whole wheat cheese tortellini with meat sauce, and homemade whole wheat garlic toast. It took me about 20 minutes to prepare this whole meal. You could also add a healthy side salad, but I ran out of time... oops!

Sorry for the poor quality picture! :)

Ingredients:

1 package of Buitoni whole wheat cheese tortellini

1 jar of spaghetti sauce

1lb. of lean ground beef (or you could use turkey/ground chicken)

*shredded parmesan cheese

whole wheat bread

minced garlic

butter

shredded mozerella cheese

*optional

Directions:

  1. Boil tortellini, and follow the package instructions

  2. Bring the spaghetti sauce to a slight boil, and then simmer until everything else is done

  3. Cook package of ground beef in a skillet, drain
  4. After tortellini is finished boiling, drain and add all ingredients together and simmer for about 5 minutes
  5. Pre-heat the oven to 350 degrees. Lay your bread on a cookie sheet flat, spread/spray some butter generously, brush on some minced garlic, and sprinkle a little mozerella cheese on top of each slice. Put in the oven for about 5 min. (or however long it takes for the bread to be come like toast).

    Yield: 4 servings

Enjoy!

This stuff is the bomb...

I've tried many different sauces, and I still always return to this one. I can find it in just about any store, it's reasonably priced (usually B1G1 and always have coupons), it's semi-healthy... low sugar, calories, etc., and tastes great! I use other sauces too but I mainly use this when I make spaghetti, most pasta dishes.

I love sprinkling this on pasta dishes or in salads!

I'm sure a lot of you make similar pasta dishes... Hope you enjoyed this!

I thought it would be funny to post a picture of the braid Daniel did for me. We were going to spend time with our friends Beth & Bobby at the lake this past weekend, and I asked him to braid my hair. Not too bad for a guy, huh? :) We're really enjoying this summer -- spending a lot of time outside with friends, thinking of fun date nights, and busy getting our house in order. There is just so much to do and it can seem overwhelming at times, but it's definitely come a long way, and it's been fun seeing the progress. I hope you're enjoying your summer too! Also, I'm in the process of getting our honeymoon and wedding pictures organized and plan to share them on the blog soon!

14 comments:

  1. A big yum to the recipe, and the braid looks great! I love summer -- it's my favorite time of the year. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That pasta looks so good! Yum!

    I can't believe he did that braid - good for him! If I asked my boyfriend to braid my hair I'm pretty sure he wouldn't even know where to start haha.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks like such an easy, yet delicious recipe! Thanks :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds yummy and quick too! I will have to try them.

    LOL at your braid, I give him props, my hubby can't do a twist much less a braid!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yum!

    And I'd love the recipe I saw of yours for the hawaiian meatloaf I think it was! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. That sounds delicious!!! :)

    My mister is a master braider... He braids his horses main and tail when he ropes so that it doesn't get caught in anything.. :) But it looks like Daniel did a good job! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yum that recipe sounds yumy and simple!! He did a great job on the braid..Groomzila wouldn't even know where to start with a braid!

    ReplyDelete
  8. buitoni has awesome tortellini. yours sound so yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  9. That is SO something my boyfriend and I would make ;)

    Kirby
    http://www.theshortandthesweetofit.com/

    ReplyDelete
  10. Cute braid ; ) This recipe sounds delish!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. that meal sounds fantastic and seriously impressive braid! Chris would NEVER be able to do that!

    ReplyDelete
  12. yummy!!! sounds like a great recipe. Love your braid :-) rob braids my hair too in the summer and it's one of my favorite parts of the season

    ReplyDelete
  13. haha i always ask pat to braid my hair and he's always like, are you nuts??

    ReplyDelete

I love receiving feedback on my posts, your comments are greatly appreciated! :)