The week leading up to our wedding was such a fun time! I remember feeling so anxious and excited for our wedding to just happen already! After almost 10 years of dating, and 16 months of being engaged we were both just so ready to get married!
The week of our wedding I pretty much stayed up every night working on last minute wedding details from projects, to the day of logistics, responding to vendor emails... you name it! I would stay up until almost 3 am every night trying to get as much as I could done. Did everything get done? No. I had many things I wanted to do that I simply just didn't have the time or patience for. After I was done cutting my very last burlap chair tie the Thursday evening before our wedding weekend I knew I was DONE. I was going to try and just relish every moment of the weekend ahead and not sweat the small stuff.
Aside from unfinished things and worries any bride-to-be would have, I was stressing majorly over the shuttle launch that was supossed to happen Friday, April 29th the weekend of our wedding. A co-worker told me the news about 3 weeks from our wedding. A lot of guests waited to book a hotel room and weren't able to due to the ever so popular, last minute shuttle launch. Even the freakin' president was supossed to show! Talk about traffic and chaos. You really don't plan for these types of "disasters" from happening. But fortunately, we were very blessed... the shuttle launch had been rescheduled for another date. Sad for all the people who traveled so far to be here for it, but I have to admit I did a little happy dance hearing the great news!
While this didn't change hotel availability much, it did change the traffic outlook for me and my guests. The morning of our rehearsal after I had mani and pedi's with some of my bridesmaids, I was able to casually pack and make sure we didn't forget anything before my bridesmaid Kelly, Daniel, Kelsey (our dog!) and I drove to Satellite Beach. We had SO much stuff to bring (decor, our overnight bags, etc.) that we filled my car and Kelly's car. Thank the Lord for friends like Kelly... she was such a blessing to me that entire weekend (and always)!
I woke up about 8:30am Friday morning very relaxed and happy! I was going to meet up with some bridesmaids to get our nails done, and afterwards we would head out to the beach to prepare for the rehearsal and rehearsal dinner. I was planning to host a bridesmaids brunch at a nearby restaurant, wanted it to be all cute and citrus themed, but the shuttle launch scare dampened my plans. So my plan B was to pick up a fruit salad and a Chick-Fil-A Chicken Mini's tray, and bottled waters for us to enjoy while we got our nails done. I think it worked out very nicely and was very low-key.
Here are some pictures from our time at the salon!
I had just finished up with my pedicure here, but here we all are getting our feet done! We also had the privilage of being able to watch The Royal Wedding on t.v. while we got pampered! I loved watching their wedding, it got me so excited for mine the next day! :)
Here we are all finished and feeling fabulous! haha
I have no clue how I managed to forget to take a picture of my beautiuful nails but I did. I chose a very pretty, light pink shade from O.P.I called, "So many clowns... so little time"...isn't that funny!? I remember browsing through so many different shades with cute names like, "To have and to hold", "Otherwise Engaged", etc. but none of them compared to this beautiful shade of pink! I had my hands and feet done in the same color. My bridesmaids opted for either french, clear, or the same color I had. We had a fun time and I was so happy they made the time to come get their nails done with me! Next up... the Rehearsal and Rehearsal Dinner!












Looks like so much fun ;-)
ReplyDeleteThat sounds like a lot of fun. Glad you got some good girl time with your bridesmaids. I've just started the whole process so I am so looking forward to all the special times my friends and I will have over the next year! Can't wait to hear more!
ReplyDeletegreat way to have girl time! can't wait to see more pics!
ReplyDeleteHow fun! So sweet of your maids to surprise you with a memory book! :) And pretty nails are always a good time!
ReplyDeleteYou look so happy and excited! Great way to relax and de-stress before the BIG DAY :)
ReplyDeleteLooks like you gals had fun..its always so nice to be pampered!
ReplyDeleteSo fun! I love getting mani/pedis with my girlfriends. It must have been really fun to watch the royal wedding as you prepared for your own wedding. :)
ReplyDeletei did something very similar and it was wonderful! looking forward to the wedding recap!!
ReplyDelete