- Cord Blood Banking -- Did you do this? Will you do this? What are your thoughts on it? I'm not sure I like the cost of it! I have looked into ViaCord and one of their reps contacted me. While I like the concept of this and agree with it, after my phone convo. I found out there are several monthly payments involved which I'm not crazy about... I'm sure my husband wouldn't be, either.
- I'm on the lookout for an inexpensive glider/rocker/chair and I actually don't mind purchasing one off Craigslist and reupholstering it myself if it's at a decent price (you know the old school rocker/glider & ottoman combo). I've seen some cute ones redone on Pinterest! I like that I could choose what fabric I want to match the nursery. What are your thoughts? Do you like the one you have and do you recommend it? Our nursery space is small, so we need something that wont take up a ton of room.
- What are your registry must-have's? I already have a registry set up online (it's set to private for now) and have added some items I have already looked at reviews for, etc. I just need to know what your must have items are?
That's all for now! :) I'm sure i'll have more questions as time goes on!












1. That's the thing with Cord Blood banking, its a great concept and idea and its always good to have some banked in case of a medical emergency, but its SO expensive.. the entire procedure plus maintenance too! :(
ReplyDelete2. Have you tried any local antique/furniture stores?
3. A car seat for sure! Are you hosting a baby shower, and if so have you decided on baby shower invitations. Please do share your inspirations :D :D :D
Hope the little bub and mum are doing good :)
We didn't do the cord blood banking, it was just too expensive for us. And I read somewhere that if your child is born with a disease than the cord blood may not be able to help them anyway. But that could be wrong.
ReplyDeleteMust haves on a baby register? Carseat, stroller, swing, boppy, diapers and wipes, a good breast pump (if you are planning to breast feed). Don't register for too many bottles because you never know what the baby will like.
I am with you on cord blood banking. Great idea... but we couldn't justify the money.
ReplyDeleteBabies R Us has a checklist on their website that is a great starting point for what to register for! I used that, and then just started reading reviews. It also helped us a lot to walk through the store once and see everything for ourselves.
I would love to do Cord Blood Banking... If I were rich. Haha. I did read in a baby magazine the other day that private banking really isn't worth it unless someone in your immediate or close family already has one of the diseases it's likely to treat. I'm all for cord blood donation though!
ReplyDeleteWe've decided to do the rocking recliner. Our nursery is a guest room combo so there's no room in there for anything else, plus the hubs has always wanted a man chair, so it's a win-win. ;)
I searched through all the reviews too and looked at all the must have lists I could find... We've ended up getting about 12 items from our registry. The rest has been cute clothes or handmade items, so keep that in mind. Don't get completely set on the registry cause some people just won't use it.
I bought my rocker/glider for our nursery at a yard sale in my neighborhood! I needed somthing small and compact and it was perfect. I got it for $100 and the woman I bought it from had actually bought it from an older lady when she lived in Boston for her first nursery and had a custom slipcover made for it. I love it and it's perfect for me and it saved us so much money. Plus the ones I was finding online were HUGE and our room needed something small.
ReplyDelete