Sunday, June 23, 2013

Date nights (when expecting)

Date nights are a must for Daniel and I.  We will definitely make them a priority after the baby comes as well, but for now, we are focusing on spicing up our date nights while I'm expecting.

A typical date night pre-pregnancy usually ended up with a glass of wine or a couple of beers for me, following dinner or whatever activity we did.   We also joined our friends for cocktails or a fun night out, which obviously is hard for me to do now.  As soon as I became pregnant I felt like our date nights changed and we became kinda boring!  We just went to dinner & a movie.  I wanted to switch it up a little and make date night fun again for us!

Here are some ideas I came up with for us to do.  We've already done a few of them which has been really nice!

  • Chinese food at home, followed by comfy blankets on the couch, romantic candlelight and relaxing! (this might come as a shock to some of you but I have never had Chinese food take-out at home, like from a box and all of that!  I told Daniel I wanted to try it! haha)
  • A spa night at home (foot rub & body massage for us both), make smoothies and relax
  • Go to the Science Center for the the stargazing exhibit
  • Bike ride to get ice cream and ride around the neighborhood
  • Game night at home with friends
  • Beach date night -- go to The Garlic in NSB and walk along the beach, or Cocoa Beach somewhere new for dinner and walk along the beach
  • Imagine Dragons concert in September
  • Exploring lakes in our area in our canoe
  • Food trucks dinner
If you have any fun ideas please share! :)

8 comments:

  1. I love all of these ideas! Jeff and I really miss just being about to hop in the car and go get ice cream...and long dinners out...and afternoons spent on patios at our favorite places. So I would do all of those things that you can fit in before your precious little treasure arrives!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love all these ideas! You guys are always so creative with your dates!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great ideas, especially the Chinese food & comfy blankets :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. awesome you guys are focusing on you guys! Have you guys ever geocached? You guys seem very outdoorsy...it would be a perfect fit!

    ReplyDelete
  5. yup dates are super important before or after kids, don't loose the focus on your man and father, gotta keep that relationship going and make sure it is priority above the kids. they will be better kids in the long run! i love your date night ideas

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those all sound fun and cute! Love the NSB one- just went out there one night at dinner with some friends! Love being so close to the beach!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love these! Take out and movies is always a winner in our house!

    ReplyDelete

I love receiving feedback on my posts, your comments are greatly appreciated! :)