Monday, January 28, 2013

Just for fun...

First off, thanks to everyone who commented on my last post about my (soon to be opening) Etsy shop!  I greatly appreciate your kind words and support!  I am looking forward to sharing it with you as soon as I get the design aspect of it finalized and a few things made!  I also have to start thinking about stationary and business cards!  There's a lot that goes into opening up a side business.  Also, if any of you are interested in helping sponsor me through advertising on your blog or sharing it via Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, etc. please let me know! :)

I need to upload some pics for some other posts I have scheduled, but I thought it would be fun to share some radom things about myself that some of you may not know. 
  • I don't watch the news!  It can be very depressing and negative, so my husband and I rarely watch the news.  If we catch a glimpse of the weather then we'll watch but usually we don't.  Sadly, I get most of my "news" from the social media outlets I follow, but maybe that's not so bad afterall.
  • I have a strange phobia of knives and needles.  This is something I struggle with.  It's hard for me to go to Dr.'s appointments if needles are involved, or sometimes using sharp knives when I cook can be difficult for me.  I have my husband cut tough things like sweet potatoes! ha!  p.s. I'm going to be the worst preggo ever-- having to get blood drawn?!  I shudder thinking about it!
  • When I'm driving, most of the time I let people go in front of me if I see them backing out or if they look like they're in a hurry.  I also do this at the grocery store(s), etc.  I think I'm just very aware of my surroundings and people, but mostly I just don't want there to be an accident! :)
  • I don't like the taste of regular coffee (even with flavored creamer), but I do like the taste of esspresso drinks!  I've been trying to limit my intake of caffiene though, so I've been ordering 1/2 -caff drinks lately!
  • Something odd (as if these aren't all random and odd)-- when my husband and I first got married we talked about splitting up chores and discussed what we both don't mind doing, etc.  My husband really dislikes washing dishes with a passion, so I wash dishes 98% of the time in our household.  Might I add that we don't have a dishwasher yet!  Fun times indeed, but I do it all for the sake of helping out my husband.  He puts away our laundry.  It works for us. 
I want to share this quote with y'all that a co-worker shared with me when I first got married, "Begin as you mean to go on" meaning, if you don't like doing a certain chore or something then don't start doing it in the beginning of your marriage! So true!

What are some random things about you that I don't know? :)

8 comments:

  1. I hate needles too but I got used to it when i was pregnant and needing to get my blood drawn and then being in the hospital with an IV (that part I still HATE). I had to get my blood drawn again recently for some tests and it wasn't so bad. I also don't like sharp knives and make Kristian do a lot of the chopping when we cook.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so cute and I'm excited about your Etsy shop! Gonna go read the details about that!

    ReplyDelete
  3. If you ever need me to advertise your store, let me know! I'd be happy to help you in any way possible! I'm the same way about the news and people at the store.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The news can be awful right!!! I was down to just watching Good Morning America there for awhile, because it seems to be more positive, but now I don't even watch it very much.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm so not a fan of the news, either. Sometimes I feel like I *should* try and watch more but I can't, it's TOOOO depressing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I too am going to suck being preggo. Hate needles

    ReplyDelete
  7. my hubby cuts all my meat up for me..cause its hard for me to eat it in the first place..and then to see fat on it? eweweewew!!!! haha..

    ReplyDelete
  8. I used to hate drip coffee, but I noticed with enough cream and sugar I actually like it! :)

    ReplyDelete

I love receiving feedback on my posts, your comments are greatly appreciated! :)