Monday, January 14, 2013

Random Projects

I am still working on a couple house projects at the moment, but I thought I would share a couple that I completed recently... you know just to keep your attention and keep ya coming back to visit us! ha!

I wanted an aqua mixer SO bad for the longest time, but the color just wasn't a very practical choice. Especially since I like to change things up often. I asked for a white one for Christmas and figured I could just dress it up with a fun decal in my favorite color! That way if I get sick of the decal I can just take it off! While browsing Marshalls I found some vinyl shelf liner that had a fun chevron print in my favorite color! I had to get it and had my mixer in mind when I bought it. I'll probably use the extra liner for more projects, just not sure what yet exactly...

I finally got around to adding the vinyl to it and I think it came out pretty good! One of my sweet friends, Reagan is sending me a monogram decal to go on it as well, which I'm pretty excited about! :)
Another project I finished recently is lining our living room/sitting room drapes with greek key ribbon. Since I'm sewing challenged, I chose the no-sew option with these using some Heat N Bond Ultrahold tape.  It was a simple way to add a little something to our drab linen drapes. I think it works well in the room!

*sorry for the poor quality pics :)
If anyone is interested, I got the ribbon trim at Joann's. Here is the info. for them!
I'm working on a roman shade for our kitchen, organizing our office and fixing up a coffee table I bought at a thrift store! More to come, soon!

11 comments:

  1. YAY for fun projects!! I can't sew at ALL but, I am really wanting some roman shades... I Found a "new sew" version on pinterest that I might try out! I can't wait to see yours!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I absolutely love the greek key detail on the curtains! I am in love with anything with greek key detail! I may have to steal this idea (too)!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i think the decals is a perfect addition to the mixer especially if you like to change things up a bit every now and then!! love the chevron print

    ReplyDelete
  4. I absolutely LOVE what you did to the mixer! Excellent idea and it looks fab!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your mixer decal.

    There is a coffee table I'm eyeing at a thrift store, but I'm so cheap I can't even bring myself to spend $50. It's been there a while so I know it will get marked down soon. Then I will pounce. haha

    I have so many projects going on in my head and I can never seem to find the exact pieces I'm looking for to complete them.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The mixer turned out too be very adorable. I love it :) You did a great job!

    ReplyDelete
  7. The mixer looks absolutely adorable... you are SO creative... and the monogram on it will be awesome, too.

    ReplyDelete
  8. LOVE the drape trim! What a huge impact!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. ah I love the mixer decal! mine is white as well & this is SUCH a good idea to dress it up...thanks!
    one of your newest followers:)
    www.onlythepicture.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your mixer is so fun! Everything looks fantastic!

    ReplyDelete

I love receiving feedback on my posts, your comments are greatly appreciated! :)