Friday, August 10, 2012

Tested Pinterest Meals

Last year I discovered Pinterest and since then I've tried a lot of really good meals and side dishes that I highly recommend! Here are some recipes I've tried, that I want to let you know about if you don't already!

Crockpot Hawaiian Chicken

Such a simple and yummy recipe! You could easily make this with pork too!  We typically serve it over brown rice and with steamed broccoli.

Edamame and Corn Salad 
 ALSO try, Crispy Parmesan Edamame and Three Bean Salad

This side dish is such a simple concept, but I had never thought to put edamame and corn together.  I boiled corn on the cob, zipped the corn off their cobs, steamed the edamame and mixed them together.  I served this side with chicken sausage and sweet potatoes.

Carrot & Pineapple Slaw & Citrus Rubbed Pork Tenderloin

I originally found the carrot & pineapple slaw side dish in my Cooking Light cookbook.  I was intrigued, so I made it and it was surprisingly good!  It's very sweet though, so I could only eat a little with dinner.  I served it with Citrus Rubbed Pork Tenderloin, which turned out fantastic!  Very light and tasty meal for spring or summer!

Honey Lime Chicken Tacos

Ahhh, the mother of all good tasting meals!  I found this recipe on a blog a few years back and it has since become one of Daniel and I's favorite meals to make.  I tried to find the recipe on Pinterest but it's linked up wrong, so just follow the link in the caption. The marinade and salsa is also good on shrimp! If you like mexican food you must try this recipe!  I like to use the Ortega Whole Grain Taco Shells and La Tortilla Factory White Corn Soft Shells

Crockpot Ribs

I made these ribs for dinner on Tuesday night which inspired this post, actually!  The rub recipe for these is so easy and good!  I used the cayenne pepper sparingly, though and they had just enough "kick".  I used Sweet Baby Rays Brown Sugar BBQ Sauce and they turned out great! 



Trisha Yearwood's Crockpot Mac & Cheese

Not the healthiest side dish, or the most appealing from my picture, but this mac & cheese was delicious! I made it for a family 4th of July BBQ and everyone seemed to really enjoy it.  It couldn't have been easier either--just throw it all in the crockpot and leave it! **TIP: I read to shred block cheese yourself vs. buying it already shredded I'm not sure why but I followed the tip so I didn't ruin the dish


I've mentioned some of these recipes in my previous posts, but sometimes it's nice to get a review and picture!  Maybe you'll be interested in trying something!  Have you tried recipes lately that you can recommend?

**Sorry my fonts are all messed up! Blogger drives me crazy sometimes! :/


4 comments:

  1. I don't have a lot of experience with crockpots, but I'm starting to get the hang of it. I've been looking for more recipes to try out, so this couldn't have come at a better time! The mac and cheese looks so good!I like it even better because it's Trisha Yearwoods recipe. I've made her sausage balls, which are super easy and always a huge hit. Thanks for the reviews, I love seeing what other people have tried and liked.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you're able to try out the Mac & cheese recipe! :)

      Delete
  2. These are some fabulous meals.

    ReplyDelete

I love receiving feedback on my posts, your comments are greatly appreciated! :)