Saturday, August 11, 2012

DIY Ideas

I am a project jumper. I like to take on as many DIY projects at once and not finish them completely, of course! :) Not only do I get my inspiration from Pinterest, I take pictures of things I like at stores and in magazines too. Inspiration is everywhere!

Here are some ideas I've come across that I'll be diving into soon!
Taken at a restaurant in Orlando, Jimmy Hulas
Screenprint art and/or surf art galleries! We need to put something above our TV in our family room, so we were thinking of making a smaller version of something similar to one of these. I love the look of the handmade frames so much! It seems easy enough to replicate and is very unique too. While Daniel and I have the same taste in beachy/coastal home decor, he has been wanting to incorporate more surf inspired home decor too; but not the cheesy, typical surf decor you see, so I have been on the lookout and think this is the perfect solution (not quite this colorful though)!
Instagram via Shayne McIntyre
Home Goods
I love Home Goods! I can't get enough! I go once a week or so, even if I don't buy anything I always leave with a little inspiration. I'm not planning to make a full bench w/ storage like the picture above, but maybe an ottoman (or two?) w/ storage for our family room. The linen & burlap gets me everytime! Love this look! I'm also still in the process of making burlap & linen cafe curtains for our kitchen!
Home Goods
I need to make a bookend for our office and I love the idea of an ampersand bookend! Such a fun idea that would be so easy to replicate.

The husband's leaving for Nicaragua on a surf trip this weekend for a little over a week. While I'll miss him so, it will be nice to have some free time to finish up pending projects and starting new ones before my busy fall school semester starts. Last night he said he's looking forward to coming home to see what I do to our place! lol I'll be sure to post my progress soon!

Where do you get your inspiration? Are you working on any projects right now?

7 comments:

I love receiving feedback on my posts, your comments are greatly appreciated! :)