I'm sharing this a few months past our anniversary, but better late than never! I thought I'd share pics from this trip before my San Diego trip! :) Here's a recap of our anniversary cruise that we took to commemorate our 1st Wedding Anniversary! We hope to make our anniversary special by taking a nice vacation every year around that time if we're able.
We drove to Miami, stayed a night there and boarded our cruise for 4 relaxing days at sea! The weather wasn't too good in Miami, but we still managed to enjoy our short stay there. We hit up the town starting with dinner at Rosa Mexicana and ended the night at Mangos Tropical Cafe. I honestly felt uncomfortable in the "club" but when in South Beach, do as they do! :)
 |
| Dinner in Miami |
 |
| At Mango's |
 |
| Bad weather upon boarding our cruise |
We stopped in Key West on our first day of our cruise for a short stay. I think we walked around for a few hours, shopped, had lunch and went back to our ship.
...and our second stop was in Cozumel!
Our favorite part of the cruise was our stop in Mexico! We started the afternoon off right...fun in the sun and endless cocktails! We took a snorkel & sail excursion. We snorkeled for a bit and went to their private island. We were able to play on all of the inflatable water toys and I tried paddle boarding which was fun! We also enjoyed relaxing in our own private cabana while sipping on some cervazas! :)
 |
| Too many cervezas! haha |
 |
| Handsome hubby! |
 |
| Sunset sail back to our cruise ship port area |
After the excursion we needed dinner, so we took a cab into town. Most people would be sketched out to know we took a cab, but we felt very safe, wanted to explore a little and I'm so glad we did! We went to an authentic Mexican restaurant called, Casa Mission which we absolutely loved! It was in an old hacienda, with beautiful courtyards and charm! The food and margarita's were nothing short of amazing!
 |
| I loved the homey feel of the restaurant! |
 |
| Ole! haha |
This was Daniel's first cruise experience. He enjoyed the all inclusive meals, no technology and being able to relax, but he was not a fan of not being able to plan every.single.part of our trip; but for me, that's the best part! We both had a great time, though! We loved being able to lay out on the deck chairs on the back of the ship, overlooking the ocean while we looked at books/magazines and sipped on cocktails! Spending time just the two of us, having that time to reflect on our wedding, honeymoon and marriage was so nice! There was a lot of "this time last year..." conversations, which I loved!
Before we left for our cruise we
enjoyed tasted our wedding cake and opened presents! It was nice to be able to reuse our Pottery Barn cake server and knife set and have a nice evening celebrating before we left for our cruise.
 |
| The cake was not good! :) |
We went the traditional route and gifted each other "paper" gifts for our 1st anniversary. We plan to follow the gift tradition every year. For Daniel's gift to me, he had a picture of us dancing at our wedding turned into a silhouette which I love! He found it through a seller on Etsy all by himself! I thought it was cute he was looking on Etsy! :)
 |
Daniel's gift to me
|
I gave him a handwritten picture matte with our first dance song lyrics written on it (our first dance song was Kalai's "Divide Me"). I thought it was so neat our gifts both had something to do with our first dance...great minds think alike! :) It was nice to be able to put them together and hang them up on our gallery wall with some of our wedding photos.
Also, sticking with the paper theme, I made him a banner made out of paper and recycled some ribbon we used for our ribbon wands. I gave it to him the week before our anniversary, so it would be something special for us to look at and enjoy the week leading up to our anniversary cruise.
Also, I'm working on a few wedding related projects...
- Put all cards we received during our engagement, wedding, 1st year of marriage on a ring so they're kept nice and organized!
- Scrapbook (wedding program, invites, special things from honeymoon, cards and things the whole year we were engaged, married, put loose items too big for scrapbook into a nice box for safe keeping)
- Picture books (of engagement, wedding, newlywed year, etc.)
- Get dress and veil cleaned, professionally boxed
What did you do for your 1st wedding anniversary, or what do you plan to do?
Ah that cruise sounds so nice! I'm not sketched out by you taking a cab. I've been on like 15 cruises and we always take cabs into town. I bet that Mexican restaurant was delicious, so jealous!
ReplyDeleteI love the cards on a ring! Ours are in a giant Bed Bath & Beyond gift bag in the top of a closet..I should definitely find a better way to store them!
ReplyDeleteWhat a fun anniversary trip! & your gifts to each other was so cute!
ReplyDeleteI want to do the same thing with our wedding cards...someday ha!