Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Mini Vaca!


I'm so excited and thrilled to have the opportunity to visit my friend, Michelle and her hubby, Damon in San Diego this week!!!
May 2011

For those that know me well, traveling alone (without hubby) hasn't ever happened. I enjoy having him take the drivers seat, so to speak and plan our trips, but I've come to the realization that I've never traveled somewhere on my own and did something spontaneous just for myself. Daniel takes an annual surf trip every year and I stay home. I've always wanted to go somewhere on my own or with girlfriends, but the timing would always be off, or I wouldn't make it a priority. I wanted to take a trip like this before kids too; because we all know kids can change your priorities, while I may have opportunities like this in the future I'm sure guilt will set in and leaving my kids and husband won't be that easy!

For my short stay, some beach trips, shopping, eating yummy food and bike riding in Coronado are on the agenda! I know Michelle will make it a memorable trip for me. I'll also be scouting out some areas for us to potentially live! Daniel and I fell in love with SD when we stopped there on the way back from our honeymoon, so getting a feel for what areas we would be able to afford and fit in at is exciting! **we are keeping it in mind for the near future, but nothing is set in stone yet!

I feel very blessed that I have a husband who uplifts me, who wants me to explore and supports my passions! Daniel is in Nicaragua on a surf trip right now and we'll both get back on Sunday. The timing of our trips couldn't have worked out any more perfectly! :) I can't wait to share traveling stories with him! :)


I'll be back with a recap and pics next week!

xoxo

6 comments:

  1. Enjoy your trip! I don't think I've ever been anywhere without Hagin. In Sept I have a trip planned all by myself to Denver to see my college roommate. So excited!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, friend! Your trip sounds exciting too! I can't wait to hear about it!

      Delete
  2. Looks like so much fun. I'm so bad when it comes to traveling by myself. It overwhelms me. Probably because I was so spoiled with everyone doing it for me. Hope you have a great time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Enjoy your trip! I've never been to CA and have always wanted to visit.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Have a fun trip! I hear San Diego is awesome. I'm hoping to go visit one day.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Have a fabulous time! Looking forward to pics!

    ReplyDelete

I love receiving feedback on my posts, your comments are greatly appreciated! :)