Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Happy Thanksgiving

Once again, I've gone MIA from our blog. It's been a busy couple weeks. Daniel went out of town to Chicago for work, while I was busy playing catch up with school, and battling a cold. Over the weekend we went to a Wailer's concert, and have just been laying low. Daniel leaves for Alabama for another work trip on Monday, so I'm hoping to get to spend a lot of time with him over our nice, long holiday weekend! I'm also hoping to get some good deals this weekend on Black Friday, and Cyber Monday! We need some random home things we didn't get off our registry so I'm really hoping for some good deals!

Now, on to Thanksgiving... our first Thanksgiving as a married couple! :) We aren't hosting it this year, but I am going to make a couple things to bring over to my dads. I'm going to make some cranberry salsa for an appetizer, as well as a yummy version of the classic sweet potato casserole as a side. I made the casserole for a "friendsgiving dinner" last night and it was so delicious! I know my family will love it too.

Cranberry Salsa Dip
Sweet Potato Casserole via My Recipes

The Beverly's have so much to be thankful for... the good Lord has blessed us with our first home, a beautiful start to our marriage, and many more fun opportunities this year. We are very fortunate and feel very thankful.

We hope you have a beautiful Thanksgiving holiday! I'll finish recapping our honeymoon, and get back to our menu monday posts next week!

9 comments:

  1. cranberry dip sounds so delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That cranberry salsa look amazzzzing! Let us know how it turned out :) Enjoy your long weekend with the hubs, sounds like you two need it!

    p.s. I sent you an email a few days ago about the glitz and glam Christmas swap, did you get it?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Thanksgiving! The cranberry salsa sounds extra tasty.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Thanksgiving to you and yours Nicole! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy thanksgiving Nicole..congrats on your first thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  6. AW happy first married Thanksgiving! It's ours too!! Yay for newlyweds!! Can we talk about how excited I am about our first Christmas?! I'm sure you are too!! xoxo

    Happy Thanksgiving girly! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  7. HAPPY THANKSGIVING to you! Thank Cranberry salsa sounds delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ohhh!!! That cranberry salsa looks delis! We hosted a "friendsgiving" the night before Thanksgiving also and I have to say, it was definitely my favorite part of the holiday. Always so much fun to get friends together and just enjoy each other's company. Hope you had a wonderful holiday and scored some deals on black Friday and cyber Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  9. the cranberry salsa looks divine. amazing post, love. thanks for sharing. if you get a sec I'd love to hear what you think of my latest trend report and enter my giveaway. xo

    www.fashboulevard.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

I love receiving feedback on my posts, your comments are greatly appreciated! :)