Finally I am able to sit down and upload some more pics from our honeymoon in Hawaii! Yes, that was about 9 months ago! Where has the time gone. I seriously can't believe we've almost been married a year! I'm starting out with our stay in Oahu. We spent a few days at the Outrigger Reef Hotel on Waikiki Beach. It was one of the most beautiful hotels I've stayed at. We were truly treated so great, upgraded room and all!

A sweet surprise from the hotel...

Our view!

Daniel rented a surfboard so he could surf Waikiki, and I even hopped on it a little too :)

Unpacking... Here's our matching scents and rings :)

We rested in our hotel room a little and then went to Duke's restaurant on Waikiki Beach. Here we are with our Mai Tai's! A must in Hawaii! The food, drinks, and view were great!



First breakfast on our stay! We had vouchers to the hotel's restaurants and both places we went were really good. We enjoyed a buffet our first day, and the view was amazing! Overlooking Diamond Head!

Three little birds, and Diamond Head!


Another morning enjoying breakfast...

Loved these trees!

Venturing to the North Shore, brah!


Passing the Dole plantation...

Cutest beach town EVER...

Adorable! Loved the locals there!


This place on the North Shore was highly rated so we went for lunch. We enjoyed some yummy mexican food before heading to the beach so Daniel could surf.


We walked around the town a little looking at art galleries, shops, and buying some refreshments for our beach day...

The hubby's ready!

Self timer! ha!




There he is!

While hubby was surfing I was stalking freaking out over this daddy and son surfing tandum.

There's Daniel!

My handsome hubby walking towards me!

After relaxing, surfing we went to visit "backdoor"Pipeline. Most of you might be familiar with the movie Blue Crush, this is where that was filmed, and this is a famous surf spot where they have a big surf contest once a year.

There was hardly anyone on the beach when we went. The waves were pretty rough that day, but it sure was amazing to see how big the waves got there. The sand is so different there too, very grainy and I loved finding sea glass in the sand! We definitely brought some sea glass, rocks, and shells home as a souvenir!




Picking up sea glass! So neat...


Stopping to get some shave ice! Yum!

We loved it there... we envisioned living there even. It was simply amazing, and we really enjoyed our visit.

One of the nights we stayed at the hotel and grilled our own dinner at one of their restaurants...pretty fun.


One of the cool restroom signs I saw! ha!
The same night we went to the rooftop restaurant (above) we walked Waikiki Beach at night. We passed by The Duke statue and decided to take some silly pics.. ;)


It was nice going down to our pool, being able to order drinks from the cabana boys/girls..ahhh to be on a honeymoon again!

The surf lineup at Waikiki Beach. So neat!

Relaxing on the beach a little before dinner that night. We have more surf pics we took on a waterproof camera that I'll have to scan and upload at another time!

One of the days we went to hike Diamond Head! It was truly such an amazing experience. We wanted to remain active and do something different...oh boy was I sore the next day! It's no joke!


Half way point!


Finally reached the top! It was just breathtaking up there!


Waikiki


Zoomed in on a sailboat ;)

After our hike we relaxed under this tree and enjoyed some shave ice!

On our last day there we went on a plane ride. I was pumped for this and thought I would enjoy it but it really terrified me! We hit some turbulance and when you're in such a small plan you really feel everything and see your life flash before your eyes! I'm being dramatic, but I'm glad we did it.



















Looks absolutely fabulous! I love Hawaii!
ReplyDeleteLooks like so much fun!!
ReplyDeleteOmg we were JUST here in September and were at SOOOOO many of the same places y'all were....Waikiki beach, Diamond Head, Dukes, in front of that statue!! So funny!! It was like y'all took all the same pics we did!! I seriously LOVED Hawaii...I'm anxious to see the other islands now!
ReplyDeleteLooks like a fantastic time! I'm so ready to get back to Hawaii!!
ReplyDeleteIt looks like an amazing time!!! All the beautiful beaches!!! LOVE! Can't wait to see more!
ReplyDelete