Monday, November 7, 2011

Menu Monday

I'm finally getting around to posting a menu!

I'm trying to get into more of a routine with cooking dinner almost every night. I've been loving Pinterest for all the different meal ideas, and browsing online a lot too. Hopefully our menu's will motivate you to cook for your family more, or help you decide what to have for dinner. I always enjoy seeing other's ideas as well.

Monday

Mojo rotisseirre chicken from Publix, half of a sweet potato, and steamed green beans (when I'm short on time the microwave steamer bags in the freezer section are great).

Tuesday

Cream Cheese and Black Bean Chicken

This is my go-to crock pot meal. I cook this a couple times a month. I omit the corn, use 1/3 less fat cream cheese, low sodium black beans, and I sprinkle in some low sodium taco seasoning for flavor. We put this over brown rice and serve with a veggie like broccoli.

Wednesday

Grilled Chicken & Cream Cheese Enchilladas

We love mexican food! I really enjoy making this because you're only using 5 ingredients, it's super yummy! Newman's Own makes a great black bean salsa that I recommend for this recipe but you can also use regular salsa. I use 1/3 less fat cream cheese, Sargento's reduced fat sharp shredded cheddar cheese, sprinkle some low sodium taco seasoning on the chicken when grilling it, and we use the 7" La Tortilla Factory's low carb whole wheat tortilla's. They're also high in fiber which is a plus.

Thursday

Grilled Chicken Caesar Salad w/ a multi-grain roll

I love a good salad for dinner, especially on those busy nights! I typically pick up some Perdue grilled chicken Short Cuts and heat them up over the stove. If I have more time on my hands I will just put a couple pieces of chicken in the stove and cut them up into strips to put over the salads.

I use romaine lettuce, always use this dressing for our caesar salads. Also, we LOVE these new Peppridge Farm rolls! They go perfect with a nice salad (or italian dish).

Friday

Spaghetti w/ meat sauce & side salad w/ Italian dressing

We eat this a lot. I'm trying to make different italian dishes, I've already pinned some on Pinterest that I'm anxious to try! When we make spaghetti, we use whole wheat thin spaghetti noodles, typically Ragu's light tomato & basil sauce (or anything that doesn't have a lot of calories and sugar). We like our sauce meaty, so I'll cook up some lean ground beef and stir it in the sauce. For a veggie, I like to have a side salad with light italian dressing.

Saturday

Date night/dinner out.

Sunday

Tasty Turkey Chili (Publix recipe)

We like Sargento's shredded reduced fat sharp cheddar cheese on top, and Tostitos multi grain scoop chips. I like to use McCormick's low sodium chili packet for this recipe.

So there's our dinner menu for this week. You may notice a trend... we like chicken! ha!

Some nights I may switch meals around depending on what we're feeling up to eating, or making. I typically do all of my grocery shopping for the week on Sunday's so I'm able to use my coupons and not feel rushed during the week.

6 comments:

  1. The cream cheese chicken and black beans sounds delicious and easy! Love crockpot meals.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Every dish sounds so tasty! I'd love a bite of those enchilladas. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm impressed that you cook something new everyday! We rely on leftovers. When we cook meals, we always make sure it can last for two days so we only have to cook 3 times a week. With my schedule and all I'm trying to balance right now, I'd be impossible for me to cook everyday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! Sounds like a yummy week of food! I'm impressed!

    ReplyDelete
  5. We have the same food tastes!! Loving this.

    ReplyDelete
  6. These all look so delicious! I can't wait to try them all! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

I love receiving feedback on my posts, your comments are greatly appreciated! :)