23w4d
Size of the little darling?
Size of the little darling?
A Cantaloupe!
Maternity Clothes?
Maternity Clothes?
Comfy clothes, some maternity! Maxi's and workout clothes are starting to become a staple!
Symptoms?
I still feel pretty good this week. I had some garlic last weekend which I think attributed to some minor heartburn. I NEVER get heartburn, so I had to ask my husband what it was! It wasn't bad though. After having a pasta dish heavy in garlic for dinner and having it again for leftovers the next day-- I knew my heartburn was from the garlic. I haven't had heartburn since.
Clumsiness. I fell at the gym Wednesday. I was meeting up with Daniel, going to swim in the pool. I tripped over a rug and really banged up my knees and my right arm is very sore. I was so shaken up from it, that when I went to find Daniel, I started bawling when I saw him. You can't help but feel protective of your unborn child when something like that happens. All I could think of was "is Ava OK?". We are both fine, Ava has been moving around a lot which makes me feel much better. I'm just very sore and I feel like I was beat up!
Clumsiness. I fell at the gym Wednesday. I was meeting up with Daniel, going to swim in the pool. I tripped over a rug and really banged up my knees and my right arm is very sore. I was so shaken up from it, that when I went to find Daniel, I started bawling when I saw him. You can't help but feel protective of your unborn child when something like that happens. All I could think of was "is Ava OK?". We are both fine, Ava has been moving around a lot which makes me feel much better. I'm just very sore and I feel like I was beat up!
Weight Gain?
At my 24w appointment on Monday, I asked the Dr. how much I had gained and if I was gaining too much. She actually said, I am very healthy and doing well. I have only gained 11.5 pounds this pregnancy, so far! She guessed that I would gain between 25-30 pounds total. Of course, that's to say that nothing crazy happens like I retain a crazy amount of water or gain a ton of weight in the 3rd trimester. I'm not too concerned with weight gain, though. Growing a baby is hard work and I'm just enjoying this pregnancy as much as I can.
Stretch Marks?
Yep, a little
Yep, a little
Gender?
GIRL
GIRL
Movement?
Yes! I feel her all the time now! Some of her movements take my breath away! Last night I put my hand on Daniel's heart as we were falling asleep and I SWEAR at that moment Ava started moving around like crazy! :)
Sleep?
I still need to get that pillow, but I am sleeping pretty well!
Food Cravings?
I think I'm out of the "craving" stage. I definitely choose breakfast foods over others and I want a sweet dessert at night, but other than that, I am eating pretty normal.
Food Aversions?
I still don't crave veggies. It's getting easier for me to eat them at dinner, though.
Best moment of the week?
*Learning I had only gained 11 pounds at our 24w Dr. appt. Don't worry, I celebrated that evening with a cinnamon roll! haha
*On Saturday we went to Dubsdread to play a 9 hole round of golf. Back in April for our 2nd Anniversary, I bought Daniel a personalized golf towel for his "cotton" gift. I think it's fun to stick to the traditional anniversary gifts. I also got him a game of golf for us to play together! I'm so glad we got an early morning tee time, because golfing in the summer can be brutal! We had a great time, though and I think he really enjoyed my anniversary gift. (Daniel gifted me a cotton monogrammed robe for my anniversary gift... he knows me well!)
*I ordered Ava's coming home gown. It's a simple monogrammed gown I bought on Etsy. I'll be getting a newborn hat to match it soon, too!
In case you were wondering, sadly we have not made any progress on the nursery. We are still in the cleaning and organizing stage of all of our office stuff. Finding a home for things in this tiny house has become a bit of a challenge. We need to also get the ceiling re-textured, a chair rail attached and walls painted before I can start decorating. It's been put on hold for a couple weeks while Daniel goes out of town and we are getting our kitchen renovated a little in a couple weeks. In the meantime, I am tending to other house projects such as, touch up painting throughout the house and other misc. things that need to get done before Ava arrives. Updates soon.
*Learning I had only gained 11 pounds at our 24w Dr. appt. Don't worry, I celebrated that evening with a cinnamon roll! haha
*On Saturday we went to Dubsdread to play a 9 hole round of golf. Back in April for our 2nd Anniversary, I bought Daniel a personalized golf towel for his "cotton" gift. I think it's fun to stick to the traditional anniversary gifts. I also got him a game of golf for us to play together! I'm so glad we got an early morning tee time, because golfing in the summer can be brutal! We had a great time, though and I think he really enjoyed my anniversary gift. (Daniel gifted me a cotton monogrammed robe for my anniversary gift... he knows me well!)
*I ordered Ava's coming home gown. It's a simple monogrammed gown I bought on Etsy. I'll be getting a newborn hat to match it soon, too!
In case you were wondering, sadly we have not made any progress on the nursery. We are still in the cleaning and organizing stage of all of our office stuff. Finding a home for things in this tiny house has become a bit of a challenge. We need to also get the ceiling re-textured, a chair rail attached and walls painted before I can start decorating. It's been put on hold for a couple weeks while Daniel goes out of town and we are getting our kitchen renovated a little in a couple weeks. In the meantime, I am tending to other house projects such as, touch up painting throughout the house and other misc. things that need to get done before Ava arrives. Updates soon.












Love her going home outfit and you look so awesome!!
ReplyDeleteI love her coming home gown! Its too cute & I love how cute yet simple it is :)
ReplyDeleteSo glad your pregnancy is going well! You look so cute!
ReplyDeleteI totally understand the concern about falling and being worried about the little one! Don't worry, if your clumsiness is anything like mine, it will probably happen again. I was about 24 weeks along the first time I fell. I usually just make extra time for a kick count to ease my nerves about it but baby has a lot of stuff to protect it! I hope the bruises & soreness go away soon :)
ReplyDeleteYou look great! And I think that "cotton" gift is so cute!
ReplyDelete