Sunday, August 11, 2013

Ava's Nursery Inspiration

Can I just say, thank you God for giving someone the ability to come up with Pinterest, so I can easily find ideas, which helps me use my creativity in ways I never thought possible?  I love, love, love shopping for home decor and dreaming up new ideas for our home.  There's nothing more relaxing to me than getting a Starbucks drink and perusing the aisles of TJ MAXX, Home Goods, Marshall's to name a few... It brings me so much pleasure to come up with ideas and decorate a new room.

For Ava's nursery, I knew from day one when we found out we were having a girl that her nursery had to reflect both Daniel and I's taste (same thing I wanted for our wedding, hour house decor, etc.) We did after all make this baby together and I don't want him not liking her room.  I didn't want this super PINK room with zero personality.  I wanted touches of the decor to reflect our lifestyle and our home, so the nursery just kinda flowed with the rest of our house.  It was only natural to have a somewhat beachy theme, because, well, we love the beach.  My musts were to include natural elements, things you'd find at the beach such as white coral, driftwood, seashells and sand.  I wanted the room to feel clean, calming and a room Ava can transition into (although we wont be in this house for much longer).  I want the room to be girly without being over the top.  I didn't want the room to scream "nursery".  I'm also not a big PINK person, so there will be minimal pink and cheesy baby stuff...

I've already started purchasing baskets, frames and miscellaneous decor for her nursery which has been so fun!  I love finding things here and there.  We can't wait to get started on the nursery and seeing the finished product (which hopefully will be shortly after my September 21'st baby shower--aiming to be finished by the first weekend in October).

Without further adieu, here is the inspiration behind Ava's nursery!


I'll be posting some pictures here and there on Instagram for all of you interested in getting a sneak peek!  Also, I plan to do a full reveal of her nursery along with where we purchased everything, etc. after it is complete! Stay tuned.

9 comments:

  1. Can't wait to see what the nursery décor looks like, I love beachy/coastal themed looks so beautiful :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I cannot wait to see how the finished product will look.. I am sure it will be cute & adorable :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. i didn't finish his nursery till..umm 3 months after he was born :) ha.. i loved finding little decor items..especially at places that were totally unexpected! ohh, well, my gift to you will be the dash of pale pink!which should be in your mail box like this week!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your inspiration. It's so fitting! I just found so many great finds at Home Goods, TJ Maxx and Marshalls for my niece's playroom. Their kids departments are amazing! I can't wait to see it all come together!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love it so much. I'm not really into pink either! And I think this looks like the perfect inspiration. Must be so fun buying all the new decor!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love love love!!!! It will be perfect! I'm still deciding exactly what to do for ours...I agree with not wanting a ton of cheesy baby stuff though!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Seriously what did we do before Pintrest?! Can't wait to see it, love you inspiration!

    ReplyDelete

I love receiving feedback on my posts, your comments are greatly appreciated! :)