I'm so behind with blogging and I'm trying to play catch up. I have a January recap and some house update posts scheduled, but first I wanted to try and catch up by recapping our V-day as soon as I could get around to it!
It was fun for me to prepare for Valentine's Day and make it extra special for Daniel and myself, of course! I enjoyed cooking, baking and setting the tone for our Valentine's week Day. The week of, I treated myself to a manicure and pedicure. The night before V-day I made us a romantic dinner at home since we'd be out of town the next day. On Valentine's Day morning, Daniel went into work for a half day and was able to get out around lunchtime. I stayed home, made us breakfast, baked for his co-workers, delivered the treats and came home to start preparing a simple lunch before we headed out of town to Melbourne Beach. It was a hectic day, but worth it. I enjoyed every minute! :)
![]() |
| NY Strip steak, baked sweet potato, steamed green beans |
![]() |
| Breakfast potatoes w/ marinated mushrooms, heart shaped bacon and scrambled eggs ...and strawberry milk |
![]() |
| Heart shaped pepperoni pizza w/ spinach salad for lunch |
We arrived around 4:00 and relaxed in our "sunrise" room until their happy hour. From 5 - 6 this B&B has a nice, intimate happy hour for their guests. We snacked on tomato basil flat bread chocolate chip & coconut cookies and cocktails. After happy hour, we got ready for our 6:45 dinner reservation at the Chart House. I didn't get any pics from dinner, but it was a nice, intimate and romantic dinner. Their chocolate molten lava cake was wonderful!
After dinner, we went back to our turned down room {found red velvet brownies on our bed..yum!} and decided to go in the heated pool. Their pool was heated like a hot tub and we were the only ones taking advantage of it on this cool, rainy evening. Capping the night off with a bubble bath, more cocktails and a delicious breakfast on our balcony in the a.m., it's safe to say we had a wonderful stay! It was the perfect getaway for us and I soaked up the romance and time with Daniel as much as I could :)
![]() |
| Sleeping in, relaxing in bed before room service was so wonderful! Our balcony view of the ocean was perfect. |
This was our first time at a B&B and we really enjoyed all of the attention to detail and amenities that hotels just don't offer. I can not say enough good things about this B&B! The staff was so courteous and attentive. Anything we needed they made happen. I wanted to have a relaxed picnic Valentines dinner for Daniel and I, so I asked for recommendations and ideas from their staff a couple weeks in advance. They were so helpful and had the best customer service. Unfortunately, the weather was not on our side, so our picnic didn't happen but the staff gladly made a dinner reservation for us at the Chart House, which ended up to be very nice. Also, their bed linens, decor, well kept grounds, etc. just made me so happy! haha
![]() |
| Beautiful brick outside the B&B. To my surprise, my initials were all over them :) |
After we checked out, we decided to walk on the beach for a bit. We also ate lunch in the area at a Mexican restaurant and then headed back to town to pick up our dog, Kelsey and head home.
It's safe to say we will be back! We highly recommend Port D'Hiver Bed and Breakfast to anyone who is in the area! If you would like any more info. about it, feel free to ask!





























That looks like such a lovely B & B, they are out favorites to stay out when going out of tow, the service and staff is always wonderful and the accommodations so much better than a hotel :-)
ReplyDeleteSounds like you had an amazing Valentine's Day!?!
ReplyDeleteAwwwww! Looks like you had loads of fun! So romantic! <3
ReplyDeleteThat seriously looks like paradise! I'm glad you had such a great time!
ReplyDeleteSounds like a fantastic day! And your nails are so cute!
ReplyDelete