Some things I'm loving lately...
| Do you see how long my hair is getting? LOVING that too! Grow hair, grow! :) |
I love that my husband took me out on a surprise date night to Ferris & Foster's last Friday night! We brought our own wine, made chocolate with two other couples. It was fun doing something different and the best part was spending time together just laughing and being silly. Afterwards we met up with our friends Beth and Bobby who just happened to be across from the place we were at, so we joined them for some drinks. Of course all the chocolate we made was devoured by Monday :)
As always, I'm loving our dog, Kelsey. She has been extra sweet lately and I always enjoy taking random pictures of her doing cute things!
On Sunday, I captured Kelsey listening to her daddy read to me. Such a sweet picture! Every week we like to read a chapter or two from our book, "The seven principles for making marriage work" by, John M. Gottman, which I highly recommend! This book was recommended by Daniel's youth pastor when we first got married.
I'm loving eating alfresco on our deck, especially when it's nice out! This weekend we enjoyed a simple taco night with stuff we already had on hand. It was nice!
I'm also loving baking... once a week I try to make something new from Pinterest. Lately I've been on a fall recipe kick. These delicious Pumpkin Cookies with Brown Butter Icing were for a United Way Bake Sale at work and they were a big hit!![]() |
| via B&BW |
I'm loving this yummy smelling Bath & Body Works candle!
Also, I found a neat way to re purpose those expensive candles! I've been cleaning them out and using them to organize my linen/toiletry closet! I'll share more pictures of the closet and other rooms around our house that I've organized lately, soon!
Lastly, I'm loving these songs right now
- "Te Amo" by Trevor Hall (such a pretty song...)
- "He Said" - feat. Chris August by Group 1 Crew (I've been feeling a little discouraged in school and the whole process, so this song really helps uplift my spirits)
- "Reunion" by M83 (reminds me of Cali!)
What are you loving lately?













Super cute! I love that date idea...Chris and I need to try that! Also, I LOVE Gottman! I got to hear him speak last year at Rollins and he was amazing. We respect him a lot in the counseling field :)
ReplyDeleteYum, those pumpkin cookies look delicious! I am definitely loving the fact that fall is already in the air!
ReplyDeleteOh man, I want to do a "What I'm Loving Wednesday" post! I may have to copy you! Everything you're loving this week is awesome! It's super sweet your hubby reads to you and takes you on surprise dates! I want to do more backing myself! I should attempt a once-a-week rule!
ReplyDeleteWow!! I love all your finds! That's so cool that you got to make your own chocolate!! That sounds like fun!! Thanks for sharing the idea of repurposing the candles. So neat!!!
ReplyDeleteI WILL be trying that cookie recipe!
ReplyDeleteI love Gottman. Great author. & I love the idea for repurposing the candle containers. I have one that is on it's way out and I"ll have to remember this!
ReplyDeletenew follower here :) just stumbled across your blog and so glad I did :D please come check out my blog and follow along as well :):)
ReplyDeletehttp://braceface87.blogspot.com/
What a sweet husband! And I love your idea of repurposing the candle containers! Such a great idea!
ReplyDeleteOh so glad to have heard from you! Just had to stop by before getting dinner ready! Loving the new longer hair too:) so pretty and you and your man are looking so cute in that pic! I got 10 thank you cards too- its such a great deal with tiny prints. Oh and yes you can omit the mayo and use creme fraiche in its place!
ReplyDelete