Wednesday, September 5, 2012

What I'm Loving Wednesday...


via
 It's been a while since I've joined Jaime for WILW!  I hope y'all had a wonderful labor day weekend!  Ours was filled with yummy BBQ, a fun night downtown with friends, a trip to the beach, sleeping in and sprucing up our front yard!  I can't believe it's September already...where has this year gone?  I'm loving that it's fall and it's getting a little cooler out!
Satellite Beach right near our wedding venue :)
School is keeping me busy and I do have a couple of detailed posts planned (B+A's wedding, house updates) but they are very time consuming, so I thought I'd share something quick...some yummy things I've been cooking, baking and loving lately!

 We tried out this delicious pork recipe from Pinterest.  If I had more time, I would have marinated the pork in the sauce, but it was still pretty flavorful. This pic makes me laugh though because the baked potato is much larger than everything else on the plate! haha  The potato was actually leftover from a dinner out at Jason's Deli the day prior and we can't waste food, so into the meal it was going.
  I wanted to make some coconut crusted chicken, so I just breaded some pounded chicken breasts with panko and coconut flakes, and they turned out pretty good!  I served brown rice and broccoli with it. Nothing fancy, but good!
I've been trying to make salads for dinner when we're busy and it's nice to change up the meat, veggie and starch dinner every now and then. I made us an easy strawberry, walnut, parmesan cheese salad over romaine. For the dressing we used Bolthouse Farms Olive Oil Berry Balsamic.

We got the bamboo salad hands in Hawaii on our honeymoon as a souvenir!
 I made this yummy copy cat Cheesecake Factory Factory Chopped Salad for dinner last night. You can find a similar recipe here on Pinterest. The only thing I changed was omitting the tomatoes and bleu cheese. I subbed the bleu cheese for shredded fontina cheese, which I bought at the deli in a block and shredded myself. For the dressing we used Bolthouse Farms Olive Oil Balsamic dressing (I love their natural, low cal dressings!) and had whole wheat dinner rolls with it. Yum!

Daniel and I woke up late Saturday morning and neither of us wanted to make breakfast.  We've really been trying to make it a habit to make breakfast on the weekends instead of getting bagels at Einsteins like we used to do every.single.weekend. 

 In an effort to be a good wifey, I whipped up some bacon wrapped egg cups for us. It's just bacon wrapped around a muffin pan, and scrambled egg in the middle with cheese on top. I think I put them in the oven on 350 for 15min, or until the bacon was crispy. Simple and delicious!
I was determined to use up all the bacon before it went bad, so I made some easy grab and go breakfast burritos and biscuits for us this week too!

I've been in quite the baking mood too. I made pumpkin bread a couple weeks ago, then banana bread last week!  I was feeling a bit adventurous yesterday and wanted to try making a yummy fall dessert.  I thought this oatmeal apple crisp would hit the spot. Oh my good lord, this was delicious (and easy!).
 I can't forget some fall things that are making me very happy at the moment, that I'm loving as well!
 Candy corn!
 Pumpkin Spice Lattes!

and Mum's!

I'll be back with more updates soon, just wanted to pop in and share a little something with y'all! :)

6 comments:

  1. Seriously that food just made my mouth water.

    I just found your blog from the link up and you guys just look like the cutest pair. I can't wait to go back on posts and catch up on your life :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. My mouth is now watering thanks to all those yummy food pictures! I loved them though. I just started following you & I cannot wait to know you better! I am glad you had a great Labor Day weekend :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This food looks amazing - you're making me want to go get my act together and start trying some new stuff!!

    Oh - and I can't go without mentioning how much I am enjoying all of those fall things as well! Hung my fall wreath last night, and have plans to enjoy my first Pumpkin Spice Latte of the season tomorrow.

    So happy to have found your blog :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like a great labor day! I had school and work, blah :( All the food looks super yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. i know i can't believe it is september already!! where is the year going? your dishes look great can i come over for dinner?

    ReplyDelete

I love receiving feedback on my posts, your comments are greatly appreciated! :)