Monday, September 17, 2012

Weekend Recap

I thought it'd be fun to do a recap of our weekend, even though it wasn't very eventful.  Sometimes those kind are the best though! :)

Friday night was Daniel and I's scheduled date night.  I didn't take any pictures (shocker!) but we enjoyed a nice laid back evening out, had dinner at Mellow Mushroom.  Afterwards we went back to our house and watched some comedy.  We're super exciting... I know! :)

Saturday I cooked us a late brunch using things we had on hand.  I made us breakfast sandwiches with sourdough bread, scrambled eggs, mushrooms, cheese and bacon.


After brunch we watched the FSU/WF game with Andrew and Briana, which was fun (because we WOOPED them!)  In the afternoon I got the organizing bug and organized our office some.  There is still so much more to do but it feels good to have made some progress.  That night Daniel watched more football at home and I went to my friend Beth's for a girls night.  She is quite the hostess... we enjoyed yummy Pinterest inspired appetizers, cocktails and a movie.  Fun times! :)

Sunday morning we woke up late, Daniel made us some pancakes and eggs.  We went to the later church service and I made us lunch when we got home.  The rest of the day I worked on homework, we did housework together, had dinner and relaxed before bed.

The dinner I made Sunday was a replica of Applebee's honey dijon portabella mushroom chicken.  I didn't take a pic but here is what it looks like,

via
I served it with brown rice and roasted asparagus.  It was very easy and hubby said he really enjoyed it and wants me to keep it in the dinner roation.

Another dinner meal I made last week that we enjoyed was this yummy baked garlicky shrimp.  I highly recommend it!  I served it over whole wheat pasta tossed in a little olive oil and had roasted asparagus with it.
Daniel has been feeling sick so a relaxing, less eventful weekend was just what we needed.  Hopefully he'll get to feeling better soon and I won't be quite as stressed out about school as I was last week. Prayers for the Beverly's, please! :)

2 comments:

  1. All that food looks divine!! (and I'm a vegetarian lol).

    I'll have to channel your cooking skills and get more creative in the kitchen :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds nice and relaxing! I hope your husband feels better soon and your school stress lessens.

    ReplyDelete

I love receiving feedback on my posts, your comments are greatly appreciated! :)