Top 2 favorites:
- Trans Siberian Orchestra's "Christmas Canon" -- this song brings tears to my eyes every time I hear it. The sound of a children's choir, beautiful instruments... I absolutely love it. Perfection!
- Josh Groban's "Oh Holy Night" -- Josh Groban has the most amazing voice. This version of Oh Holy Night gives me chills! I also tear up with this song... "Fall on your knees, O hear the angel voices, O night divine! O night when Christ was born" gets me everytime. What a powerful message and song!
Fun sing along's:
- Glee's "Last Christmas" -- Wham's version is great too, but I just love this version! It's just so fun and catchy!
- Mariah Carey's "All I want for Chrismas is you", and I also LOVE this clip in Love Actually -- Such a classic! Love Mariah and love this song... makes me happy and it just doesn't feel like Christmas until I hear this song! ha!
Make me cry:
- Amy Grant's "Breath of Heaven" -- Oh gosh, this song is just so emotional for me. You can't imagine what Mary was going through. I think we can all kinda relate to the fear of the unknown when we hear this song too. We all have those moments when we question life and what God wants for us...but HE always knows what's best!
- Kelly Clarkson's "My grown up Christmas list" -- Such a beautiful song! Makes you truly value what you have!
- Newsong's " Christmas Shoes" -- Just listen to it, and you'll start crying! LOL
What are some of your favorites?












did you watch the michael buble concert on tv the other night..xmas special...great music!
ReplyDelete"Breath of Heaven" is a staple at the Christmas choir concert at the school where I teach... it is always really powerful to hear it sung by a teenage girl because it puts Mary's situation into such clear perspective.
ReplyDeleteWe had many cars out and about on christmas day. I ended up driving home alone which was fine, I had the radio on. I was actually surprised that for 2 straight hours they played christmas songs, no repeats and I knew the words to the vast majority of them :)
ReplyDeleteI love The Little Drummer Boy & Carol of the Bells best but really any of the classics always have me saying "oh... i Love this song!"
ReplyDelete