Friday, December 23, 2011

Christmas Cheer

Wow, where has this month gone? Christmas parties, decorating, shopping, gift wrapping, baking, going to Atlanta to visit friends, me finishing up this semester in school... we've been busy to say the least.

This Christmas is a special one, our first married Christmas! While it's been a stressful past few months, and I wasn't able to accomplish all I wanted to for this holiday season (making more crafts, doing more Christmasy things with Daniel, attending church more, etc.) we were still able to enjoy it and make the most of it.

I left out our stockings, christmas cards, and our outside lights but here are some pictures I've taken on my phone!

Our coastal themed Christmas tree!
My Pinterest inspired starfish Christmas tree!
Stuck some capiz shell things I found at Target in our dune grass arrangements!
Our hand towel in our bathroom... a tad wrinkled! ha!

One of my presents from Daniel! (just adding that we don't really focus on gifts in our household, we try to buy for eachother and others within our budget. I like the element of surprise, so I never really ask for anything either. I am realistic when it comes to the holiday's and actually prefer buying for others than receiving gifts!)

Our beautiful Pinterest inspired wedding invitation ornament my friend Jeana made and sent us! I am obsessed with it! She shredded our wedding invitation and personalized the ribbon to match our wedding colors. We exchanged Pinterest inspired presents. I sent her a DIY ice cream kit.

I'm bummed we can't seem to find a personalized ornament we had made in Hawaii on our honeymoon though! I have looked everywhere for it, but perhaps it will make its debut sometime soon so we can enjoy it in the years to come!
We had my brother-in-law, Andrew and his fiance Briana over for dinner and to exchange gifts. They also brought us some adorable reindeer decorated beer! So cute.
Early in the month, my sweet husband surprised me before work with this note, and Michael Buble's new Christmas CD. When I got in my car it was playing! Love his little surprises.

Our Christmas plans....we'll spend Christmas Eve with my family, going to church and Christmas Day at home by ourselves. Daniel's parents are in East Asia (they're missionaries), but we plan to Skype with them. Soon after Christmas we are leaving for Buffalo, NY for a short trip to visit Daniel's grandpa. Andrew and Briana are going too, and we're really looking forward to it! We'll ski, shop, go to Niagara Falls, and visit with family.

We feel very humble and grateful to have loving friends, family, good jobs, a roof over our heads, food to eat, and so many opportunities that a lot don't have. We're remembering to give to others, trying not to get caught up in the stress of the holiday's, and thanking God for his many blessings... he is the reason for this season!
**If you could, please say a prayer for my friend Kelly who lost her son Trey in October. She is having a hard time this holiday season.**

Blogging will resume after the holidays! Merry Christmas!

3 comments:

  1. I hope Santa was good to you =)))

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope you're enjoying your post Christmas trip!! :) How cute was the car surprise by the way!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like you have been super busy. I love the Pinterest wedding ornament such a cute idea. And the Michael Buble CD was awesome and that was super sweet of your hubby to do that for you :) I love all your decorations :) I hope you had a great Holiday Season :)

    ReplyDelete

I love receiving feedback on my posts, your comments are greatly appreciated! :)