Thursday, October 3, 2013

Baby Shower for Ava

I'm finally finding the time to upload some pic's from my baby shower that was held on September 21st at my sister-in-law's mom's house.  My friend Beth and Briana hosted the shower and it turned out so girly and beautiful! It was a perfect fall afternoon (the first day of fall, actually) and I had a wonderful time celebrating Ava with my closest friends and family!


Here are some of the details!  Guests were able to leave their hopes & dreams for Ava, put it inside of a keepsake album for me.  Also, they could sign up to bring Daniel and I a meal after Ava' arrives (which of course I love!).  The decor was just beautiful-- light pink and aqua  which are the colors we're using in Ava's nursery!  From the baby's breath flowers to the monogram to mason jars... everything looked great and was so "me"!


The favor's were Bath & Body Works Sweet Pea hand sanitizer.  The tag read, "Thank you for celebrating the mommy-to-be and her little sweet pea".  So adorable!  My hosts didn't know this, but that scent is my favorite! :)



The shower was set at brunch time, we dined on brunch foods which has been my biggest pregnancy craving! Everything was so delicious and set up so nicely!  The beachy diaper cake was made by my friend, Kelly! She did a great job on it and I just love it!
Drink station!  Water, Apple Juice, OJ and Mimosa's were served!  
Me with all the gifts! We were spoiled!
Ready to POP! Ha!

A monogrammed sash/bow I had made to wear for the shower and our maternity pictures!  It has Ava's monogram on it.  I also plan to swaddle Ava and wrap her in this precious bow like a present! :)  It can also serve as a keepsake for later on and she can wear it later on if she chooses!  If you're interested in ordering one just like it, I ordered mine through the Etsy shop, RysaRuth!
My sister-in-law, friend, Briana and I! 
The hosts and I
Here are the hostess gifts I gave to Beth and Briana after the shower ended,
I found the hand towels at Marshalls, had them embroidered with "Happy Fall Y'all!" and their last name initial.  I thought they'd be cute to have for this fall season and many more to come!  I also made some Fall Simmering Spices for their stovetop.  I followed the instructions from HERE.  I folded up some brown kraft cardstock paper, taped the baggies inside and adorned the front with a Dollar Tree fall leaf and some twine.  The girls seemed to like their gifts and I had such a fun time putting them together for them! :)

It's a very surreal feeling having a shower hosted just for you!  It made me feel so special and loved!  I appreciated all the thought, planning and love that went into it.  Ava sure is spoiled already.  We are in the process of finishing up painting in the nursery and will be putting away all of the fun items we received from the shower soon.  I think that will be my favorite part of completing the nursery-- washing things, putting everything in its place and just realizing that in a handful of months (about 7!), we will welcome home our sweet baby girl, Ava and be able to show her the room we prepared just for her! Ahh I can't wait! :)

5 comments:

  1. Wow everything looked so beautiful! Love your dress & the monogram bow especially :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww everything looked beautiful and I loved your dress. What a perfect shower.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So cute... You looked great! Love the pink ribbon :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Everything turned out just adorable and you look so sweet with your pink bow!!! Cute, cute!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful!! I love the idea of using hand santizer as a favor!!

    ReplyDelete

I love receiving feedback on my posts, your comments are greatly appreciated! :)