Saturday, September 28, 2013

Bumpdate: Week 31

How far along?
31w6d -- Only 8 weeks to go! We can hardly believe it!
Size of the little darling?
A pineapple! She certainly feels very "pokey" ;)
Maternity Clothes?
My maternity leggings, comfy dresses & maxi skirts and a pair of maternity jeans! The tops are easy, it's the bottoms that are difficult to accommodate a growing bump :)
Symptoms? 
No swelling this week in my hands and feet, although when I look at pictures I think my face is filling out more... Some minor mid/lower back pain when I try to sleep on my left side.  That's ALL.. feeling very fortunate when it comes to symptoms. I'm feeling pretty good considering how far along I am.  Let's also just say shaving has become rather entertaining and a guessing game at times... if you've been pregnant, you know what I mean! haha
Weight Gain?
I'd guess I'm close to gaining 20+ by now but I'm not sure
Stretch Marks?
Yep, a little. None on my belly yet, though! Yey!
Gender? 
GIRL
Movement?
Yes, she's still very active.  This week in particular she has been moving very rough, like I'll feel a jab of an elbow or something and it can be a little painful.  She's still pretty low and not poking me in the ribs or anything crazy.  Since she's low, I feel a lot of pressure on my bladder and have to make trips to the bathroom quite frequently... sometimes I'll go and stand up, have to go again.  It's a little ridiculous! :)
Sleep?
I'm getting better sleep this week, but still tossing and turning. I'll wake up and my fitted sheet will be off the bed on my side, because I'm tossing and turning so much! haha
Food Cravings?
Same-- breakfast foods and coffee drinks!
Food Aversions?
No, not really.
Other things to make note of:
  • Very faint linea nigra line below my belly button.  I was expecting it to be darker like I've seen on some people, but mine is very light and almost unnoticeable
  • My belly button has stayed an "inne" and I think it'll stay that way, but it has definitely stretched out some.  I was like "honey, why is around my belly button shiny?" he said, "because that was what was inside of your belly button and it's become stretched out." I'm like, OH GOSH gross! haha  If I wear tight shirts I can see my belly button hole, kinda grosses me out! lol
Best moment of the week?
*Going today to see our sweet baby girl on a 4D ultrasound with my mom and sisters.  My mom wanted to treat me to it and make it a girls day, so it should be fun! :) I'm excited to see Ava's features (hopefully she cooperates!). 

*FINALLY preparing the nursery this week (even though our kitchen isn't completed, I have a major itch to get the nursery done!)  Nesting has definitely set in!!!  I have cleared it out mostly and we're working on patching up nail holes and taping it off, ready for painting this coming week!  The room should be painted and ready to decorate by next weekend! Of course, when it's finished I will post pics! Ahh can't wait!

6 comments:

  1. You look great and so excited to see what you come up with for the nursary!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So exciting!! The nursery is the best part. I'm partial - girls are the best ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. So exciting!! The nursery is the best part. I'm partial - girls are the best ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm nesting too..cant' be avoided. I am getting all the items I need for the nursery soon at my shower so once I get everything, I'm going to start!

    ReplyDelete

I love receiving feedback on my posts, your comments are greatly appreciated! :)