Sunday, September 1, 2013

Bumpdate: Week 27



How far along?
27w6d
Size of the little darling?
A Rutabaga {what the heck is that?! haha}
Maternity Clothes?
Still wearing whatever is comfy.  I have very little maternity stuff, but need to get more as I'm definitely growing and it's harder to find cute things to wear when I need to dress up some.  I'm thinking leggings and comfy dresses soon to get me through this pregnancy!
Symptoms? 
Still swelling some this week, but mostly when I am out in the heat.  I need to look for a fake ring to wear, because I really don't want to go ringless for the next 3 months.  My allergies are still acting up.  

I have to be honest, I'm an emotional wreck this week.  I've come to the realization that I'm approaching 28 weeks on Sunday, which means I've hit the 3rd trimester.  I'm panicking a little as I just want our kitchen to be completed and I want to make some progress on the nursery.  I know everything will get done, but it is driving me crazy knowing there's just some things I have no control over and that I can't do a lot of the things I used to be able to do like painting, staining, lifting heavy things, etc.  Daniel has been very supportive, though.  He gave me an assignment to make a list of everything we need to do before the baby and reassured me that we can get it all done together.
Weight Gain?
I'll find out at my Dr. appt. next Thursday.  I know I've gained as I am feeling much rounder! :)

On another note, I'm supposed to get my blood glucose test this week, but it has literally not crossed my mind to set up the appointment.  I need to call and try to get seen before my Dr. appt. next Thursday.  I'm nervous to get the test, but I am anxious to get it over with!
Stretch Marks?
Yep, a little
Gender? 
GIRL
Movement?
Yes, she's moving a lot!  Daniel and I think we felt her elbow or something the other night.  She moved on one side of my stomach and then I felt a couple kicks on the the other side...she's definitely getting bigger and taking up more room in there.
Sleep?
Still not sleeping well due to my stuffy nose.  I haven't been able to take naps due to the guys working in our kitchen coming early and leaving late.  Now that the guys are finished as of Tuesday, I am looking forward to having our house back, my mornings to myself, maybe a nap soon? :)
Food Cravings?
I've been craving a pumpkin spice latte from Starbucks, because I saw a sign they have come early this year! I went today with my mother in law and really enjoyed it.  I will probably be getting one once a week now until the yummy Christmas drinks come in-- peppermint mocha is my favorite!
Food Aversions?
No, not really.
Best moment of the week?
*Baby-wise, just knowing my baby girl is growing and as far as we know, healthy! Reading about this week's progress, she should be a little over 2lbs.!

*My good friend Ashley has given birth to her sweet baby girl, Juliana on 8/28! So happy for her!  It's so neat our babies will be so close in age.

*Kitchen progress!  So happy to have the counters installed, new dishwasher in.  Daniel stained the counters this week and we are ready to seal them in a few days. I'm going to be quite the happy wife when the kitchen is done!

2 comments:

  1. You look beautiful. I've been looking forward to pumpkin spice lattes too! But then it got to be 90 degrees and I can't do it- literally hottest it's been all year. I was really starting to look forward to fall- guess I'll take a little extra summer though. And I totally had to just goggle a rutabaga. XO

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lookin' good mama! can you believe we're in our third trimester already?! It's really starting to feel real now! Glad that your kitchen stuff is coming to a close and you can go back to normalcy ...well...for the time being ;)

    ReplyDelete

I love receiving feedback on my posts, your comments are greatly appreciated! :)