Saturday, September 7, 2013

Bumpdate: Week 28



How far along?
28w6d
Size of the little darling?
An Eggplant
Maternity Clothes?
Anything comfy!
Symptoms? 
Swelling a little this week.  In this picture in particular I feel like my face looks puffier, but I haven't noticed much swelling in my hands, feet or ankles.   I was dehydrated on Sunday and started getting some braxton hicks contractions.  It worried me, but after hydrating and resting I felt better and they stopped.
Weight Gain?
I've gained about 16 pounds so far
Stretch Marks?
Yep, a little
Gender? 
GIRL
Movement?
Yes she is moving like crazy! The day I turned 28 weeks, last Sunday, it's like she knew we were in the home stretch-- third trimester.  She has been moving around so much since then.  I asked the Dr. at our 28w appt. this week if it's possible for her to move TOO much and she said no. :)
Sleep?
Still sleeping pretty well!  I'm having to pee more in the middle of the night, but I think it's my fault since I drink water or hot peppermint tea close to bed time.
Food Cravings?
Coffee drinks-- pumpkin spice latte's and salted caramel mocha's from Starbucks! Anything pumpkin and of course, still breakfast foods!    
Food Aversions?
No, not really.
Best moment of the week?
*Feeling Ava kick so much has been so neat! I can place my hand firm on my belly and she will feel it and start kicking or moving for me.  It's like we have this connection or something :) 

*I was unsure of what a hiccup felt like, but yesterday I finally felt her hiccup!  It was so neat!

*Thankful for a good Dr.'s appointment on Thursday.  I'm still a little behind on getting my crap together and getting the blood glucose test done {it's my goal for this week}.  Ava is still measuring a week behind, my belly is measuring small.  Everything is OK, Dr. is not concerned at all.  For my own sanity my Dr. ordered me an ultrasound, also to see what Ava's position is.  We think she is small and laying sideways right now, but unsure. I'll get another 4D ultrasound on the 28th which I am SO excited about! It'll be neat to {hopefully} see what her features look like, how big she is, etc.  

Doing great, though.  I still LOVE being pregnant! Not getting heartburn, pains or anything bothersome right now, really.  I'm sure that will all change soon so I better be quiet... but good for now!  We are still in the process of doing a few things to our kitchen which should be finished by later this week.  I am OH SO EXCITED to get that finished so we can start on Ava's nursery!  

I'm preparing for my baby shower which is on September 21st!  I have my outfit all picked out and our registries are completed!  We're also taking maternity pictures on October 3rd, so I've been trying to figure out outfits for that session as well.  So fun! :)

4 comments:

  1. So glad you are doing so well girl :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow time is flying by!! It really won't be long till little girl is here. Hope things continue to go smoothly for you

    ReplyDelete
  3. i LOVED being pregnant! enjoy every moment!! can't wait to see that kitchen!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You look so cute! Yay for feeling the hiccups :)

    ReplyDelete

I love receiving feedback on my posts, your comments are greatly appreciated! :)