Friday, October 14, 2011

What the Beverly's have been up to!

Sorry I've been gone from blogging way too long!

Fall is here!, starting to feel cooler, and the days are getting shorter. This month also marks 6 months of marriage for Daniel and I! Time is sure flying. I left y'all hanging on our wedding recaps, but I promise to finish them in the next couple weeks.

Here is our life through my iPhone camera. Just some fun things we've been up to lately...

Holding Tiffany's baby, Jackson at the hospital the day after he was born! His twin sister, Kaiden was in NICU during this time, but it was so nice to see Jackson and be able to hold him. The babies are so precious! Daniel and I couldn't be happier for Tiffany and Jon's double blessing.

We spent Labor Day weekend in Cocoa Beach with Daniel's brother, Andrew and his girlfriend (soon to be FIANCE), Briana! We stayed at a hotel with a kitchen, cooked a simple spaghetti dinner, played some card games, went out for drinks, and spent some time just relaxing at the beach (although you can't tell from my pale'ness.. ha!). The weather was great, and we had such a nice time with them!

Ahh, the start of college football. We've been enjoying watching the Florida State games!

FSU Vs. OU game in Tally.

Had fun tailgating!

The stadium was packed! Such a neat experience being apart of it! Sadly, we lost that game...

Let's see, what else have we been up to...

Ms. Kelsey got a haircut...

...and Daniel needs one! I made it look like a mini mullet! ha!

We decided to venture to Tampa for a Blink-182 concert! You see... when we first started dating Blink-182 was the bomb. We both loved the band. So, it was only natural we would go to their concert! We had a great time. I always love going to concerts together...I get tipsy, sing at the top of my lungs and it's like nothing else in the world matters! ha!

Beautiful sunset on our way there...

Concert kisses! We were both a hot and sweaty mess!

We've been enjoying sleeping in on the weekends. In case you were wondering these are our game faces!

The hubs went to St. Augustine for a work/pleasure trip. He stayed the night with some friends that live on the beach... because DUH there were waves, brah! That's his only excuse for leaving his poor, lonely wife. That's ok --Kelsey and I had a girls night. We rented Bridesmaids and ate popcorn. Clearly, she hates getting her picture taken. ha!

...fine, Kelsey. Walk away. :) Please ignore the lack of attention to our house. It's a work in progress.

I'm amazed we even made it home safely! :) We've been making frequent trips to Lowes for some wood for the deck. Daniel's been replacing some warped wood, but we would eventually love to just tear up everything and start fresh. Obviously, other house renovations like our kitchen and windows take precedence.

Love getting sweet notes from hubby when he leaves for work before me...

But look at this face! She lives such a rough life, let me tell you!

I've been mentoring this 1st grade cutie for a couple weeks now! I've been mentoring at a local elementary school for about 4 years now. I had been with the same student for a while and she moved on to 5th grade. I decided it was time to start over and mentor another 1st grader (the grade I think I want to teach?). She reads to me, or I'll just have talks with her. It's so rewarding and special to me. I look forward to going every week.

Aside from that, I enjoy volunteering at the school when I'm able. I just helped with their book fair. My "job" was to help the 1st graders pick out books, add them to their wish lists for their parents to see. I also observe a 1st grade teacher's classroom. I'm taking two Education classes which require some observation hours, so I've been going twice a week for that as well. A little girl in the class asked me "Whose mommy are you?". Could you die? So cute. I had to explain I was just watching the class. I'm sure I seem like a weirdo to her. Anyway, I've been going up to the school on my lunch breaks, so it's definitely taking a toll on me while I'm working full-time...but I love it. Can't complain.

We've been on some date nights, and apparently I like to just take pictures of myself while we're in the car! Poor hubby! At least I'm not one of those girls who take pictures of myself in the bathroom mirror!

This is my botox, duck face! ha!

So that's the last couple months in a nut shell. We've also had some friends over a few times, Daniel's been busy with work, and I've been busy with school. Life is just busy right now, but we are so blessed!

8 comments:

  1. Hey lady! Sounds like a busy couple of weeks! :) Glad to be all caught back up with the Beverlys! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. yay! you are back and very much missed! looks like you have been doing great, thanks for updating us :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like you have certainly been busy but glad you are back! You were missed.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad to see you back on the blogs! Sounds like you've had a lot going on, and I definitely hear you about being busy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm so glad you posted! I've missed your posts. Looks like you guys have had a wonderful couple months. Happy 6 months. You two are adorable and look so incredibly happy!! Have a great weekend! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy 6th months...ours is coming up too! Sounds like you two have been living..that's great:-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. so fun! it looks like you've been having a great time out and about :-)

    p.s. I am counting down till Feb when my contract is up - hello iPhone camera goodbye blackberry & your 3.2 mp... lol

    ReplyDelete

I love receiving feedback on my posts, your comments are greatly appreciated! :)