Thursday, December 13, 2012

Fall happenings and such

We were very busy this fall season!  Now, it's Winter, which feels weird to say because we live in Florida and it doesn't feel like winter yet!  Anyway, we enjoyed our full schedule and we've been proactive at trying to get our house the way we want it.  I've had Daniel busy finishing up my DIY projects that are a little too complicated for me and I've been busy painting, crafting up decor for Christmas too!  A home is never complete... ha!

Here's what we've been up to these past couple months!  Sorry for my long hiatus!

- Caramel Apples / Game Night w/ Andrew & Briana
- FSU Game in Tallahassee w/ Andrew & Briana
- Jaguar/Lions game in Jacksonville w/ Andrew & Briana and Briana's family (can you tell we love spending time with them? Haha)
- Baking & Cooking
- Happy hour/Dinner w/ our friends Beth & Bobby

- Lake Eola Fall Fiesta Craft Show

- Bike Riding

- Epcot Food & Wine Festival
- Started Christmas shopping, ordered our Christmas photo cards, participated in Operation Christmas Child
- Weekend getaway in SC w/ Briana & Andrew

The weekend before Thanksgiving we stayed in a cabin in South Carolina.  Some family friends let us stay there, which was so sweet of them!  I went with Daniel and his family back when we were dating years ago and it was nice to go back as a married couple! We were able to sleep in the same bed this time! haha Andrew & Briana joined us for part of the trip and we had a nice time with them.  We basically just relaxed and stayed at the cabin, which was what all of us needed!
Andrew, Briana and Daniel and I
Enjoying the crisp cold air! 
Daniel enjoyed fishing, reading and watching football! 
S'mores!
Loved the vintage decor
Kelsey's first long distance road trip :)
Thanksgiving was nice too and very busy hopping from house to house.  We are blessed to have friends and family that care to have us over and celebrate what we are thankful for with them.

We have been quite productive around the house too!  I asked Daniel to make us an upholstered nailhead trim memo board for our office.  We used leftover drop cloth canvas and nailhead trim.  It was pretty easy to do and makes a nice impact in our office.  Our office is slowly coming together, but I'm hoping to get it organized and more functional soon! :)
Also, we finished painting the exterior of our house this weekend! We started in the summertime and it was too hot to continue, so we left the back of our house to finish this fall. Since it's been cold and it's not the best time to re-do our flower bed in the front yard, we'll have to finish that and more outside updates in the early spring! For now though, we have added some stone trim to the flower bed, we've been raking leaves and trying to take better care of our yard.

xo

5 comments:

  1. I can't wait to see more crafts and more house photos. You have such amazing design tastes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this whole post! It is too dang cute & it looks like you have been quit busy... I am jealous that you all live in Florida & are very close to Disney World & such... Sad face over here :( I wish I lived that close! I love the photos you shared :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your fall looks like it has been great. Jealous of that SC cabin trip!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow you guys have been busy! Looking forward to seeing more house pics! And I bet that Epcot festival was a blast!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love that yall go to so many sporting events! :) and I went to fiesta in the park with a friend this year! Love going and just walking around there!

    ReplyDelete

I love receiving feedback on my posts, your comments are greatly appreciated! :)