Attending a wedding for a family member is SO different and special. It makes doing anything for them that much more special. You want things to go as smoothly as they possibly can and anything they desire, you try to make happen for them. Money and drama aren't an issue. There's a different level of respect and admiration for them. All of the time, thought and behind the scenes planning that I had spewing around in my own head were from a good place. It was from a place of pure happiness and joy. A place of contentment. It's hard to believe the little brother to Daniel, who I have watched grow up from a little boy to now a man has found his best friend to share the rest of his life with...and is married! You think back and realize how much time has went by and what new memories lie ahead. It's just very surreal!
Over the last year or so, my relationship with Briana has become much more close and special. Having Briana as a SIL makes my heart so happy! Last November '11 A+B asked both Daniel and I to be in their wedding party, which really meant a lot to us. We've embraced Briana as family and a friend. Now, her and Andrew are married and we pray that God continues to bless them and guide them through the many years of their marriage!
Time got the best of us during these busy, fun months. I was waiting on some pro pics from Briana too, so (finally) here are some of my favorite pictures from their special wedding events! Their wedding day was July 20, 2012!
Briana's Bachelorette Weekend
I enjoyed planning, preparing for Bri's bachelorette weekend! The theme was hot pink/black with some zebra print mixed in. I hosted a lingerie shower after dinner the first night during our hotel stay. I kept things simple w/ a spiked vodka raspberry lemonade, flavored water, beers and bottled water to drink. To eat, I displayed some chocolate dipped macaroons, black & white cookies from Too Jays on to some white ceramic platters lined w/ scrapbook paper. I also made some chocolate dipped strawberries. Keeping things easy is essential, especially when you have to lug and set up everything in a hotel room! :) Bri's MOH and best friend, Kristinia, made adorable favors for us girls and organized the hotel stay. It was fun exchanging ideas and getting to know her better, too.
Day of the Rehearsal
Some wedding details and pics
Bri and Andrew's wedding Ceremony was at the Altamonte Chapel, sorry I didn't take any pics as I was in the wedding party, but it was a beautiful, quaint chapel which was intimate and perfect! The Reception was held at the Winter Park Farmer's Market which fit their rustic/vintage/country themed wedding perfectly!
![]() |
| The Bride & Groom and Daniel and I |
![]() |
| Finally "Sisters" :) |
![]() |
| Enjoying a perfect wedding with my hubby! |
While the newlyweds were in Europe for a couple weeks, I happily collected their mail! I wanted them to feel comfortable and not have to worry about anything when they got home, so I made a couple meals and put them in the freezer, cleaned up their house and decorated it a little. Bri's mom stocked the fridge with their favorite foods and beverages. They loved our surprise(s) and I'm so glad I could do that for them!
....feels good to have posted about this! Finally! haha






.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)







Awe this whole post is so very sweet! You without a doubt are such a sweetie... I so would love to know how you made the vodka spiked raspberry lemonade. It sounds very yummy! All the photos look amazing btw :)
ReplyDeleteWhat a sweet post! Everything looks beautiful! Just lovely!!
ReplyDeleteLove the little black and white straws. So cute!
ReplyDeleteYour newest follower,
Brooke
=)
Love those details of their wedding! My brother and sister in law are having their reception there and those pictures just made me even more excited for it! :)
ReplyDelete