One Year.
A year of learning more about each other, sharing new firsts together, and becoming "One". In our newlywed year we had a beautiful and memorable wedding day and went on an amazing two week honeymoon to Hawaii and California. We traveled to Sebastian, FL, St. Pete, FL, Buffalo, NY, Savannah, GA, and took a beautiful anniversary cruise to Key West, FL and Cozumel, Mexico. Of course, naturally we went to the beach several times too. We got iPhones. I changed my name officially, monogrammed everything in sight, and also got my first US Passport! Daniel went away for work to Chicago and Alabama and he took on more responsibility at work. We shared our first married holiday’s together, new traditions as a family, and I enjoyed decorating our home for all of them! We celebrated one year in our first home. We cooked many delicious meals I found on Pinterest, and entertained friends on several occasions. We have worked hard on fixing up our home and making it our own. I started working part-time and going to school full-time. We’ve enjoyed many fun date nights, attended a few weddings, concerts and outdoor events. Our year of newly-wedded bliss has sadly come to an end, but we’re looking forward to many more years of “firsts”, a lifetime of love and adventure together!
Nicole’s thoughts on being a wife:
I absolutely love being Daniel’s wife! I love the day to day interaction. I love the security of knowing at the end of the day, he’s there with me--loving me, providing for, and protecting me and our little family of 3. Being his wife means I have someone I can take care of and nurture. I enjoy pleasing and surprising him. I love doting on him with meals and when he’s sick. I enjoy hearing about his day, his passions, and discussing our future plans together. I enjoy hearing him say “wife” and “we”. I love that after all the years we’ve been together (almost 11) he still surprises me and makes me feel special. I love returning the favor. I take great pride in our relationship, home, and life together. I love being his wife.
Daniel's thoughts on being a husband:
I also love being Nicole's husband. More than anything for me, it's been a fun change to get to know such an amazing person better and be able to share fun and special memories together. While we dated for a long time before we got married, being husband and wife has definitely added a new dimension and sense of closeness to our marriage. It has caused me to think more of Nicole (and our dog Kelsey) as family, and helped me to realize my responsibility to protect her, provide for her, and keep her on her toes. :) I have enjoyed growing into this role, as I am generally a pretty laid back person, but having the responsibility of protecting and caring for someone that I love has made me a better person. I enjoy showing Nicole that I love her and try to surprise her with little things and special date nights. Her compassion and love for me make that easy to do.












This is such a sweet post! It sounds like you guys had a great first year. Happy Anniversary!!!
ReplyDeleteSo sweet! I hope year two is filled with just as much happiness. :)
ReplyDeleteHappy Anniversary!! I can't believe it's been a year already! So happy for you guys!! :)
ReplyDeleteHappy Anniversary!
ReplyDeleteAww Happy Anniversary!! Isn't it amazing how fast it goes?! I'm about to celebrate 2 years next week!
ReplyDeleteCongrats, on your one year and cheers to a lifetime of happiness.
ReplyDeleteHappy Anniversary!!
ReplyDeleteAw, his and hers anniversary post?! I love it! Happy Anniversary sweet friend! Here's to MANY more!
ReplyDeleteHappy Anniversary! Such a sweet post!
ReplyDeleteHappy anniversary!! Here's to many more!
ReplyDeleteCongrats on 1 year! :)
ReplyDeleteHappy anniversary!!! This is such a sweet post!
ReplyDeleteHappy Anniversary (belated!)!! I am so glad you found my blog so I could find yours. Definitely your newest follower. You two are just too cute!
ReplyDeleteThese photographs are stunning! Congrats :)
ReplyDeletexo Shane
Happy "belated" anniversary!! I can't believe a year has passed!
ReplyDelete