Thursday, September 1, 2011

Our Wedding: Cake

While I love seeing beautiful wedding cakes, it just wasn't the highest priority thing on our list. I just couldn't imagine spending a lot of money on a cake. Daniel and I don't even like cake, really but we knew we wanted to have something for our guests. We wanted something simple, and inexpensive! The cake was ordered through Publix, a white cake with raspberry filling, and buttercream frosting. I purchased the cake topper from Etsy.

We didn't end up having a grooms cake. I thought it might be fun to have a surfboard cake or something, but Daniel thought it was a weird idea, and couldn't see spending money on an "extra" cake.. he does have a point. This was one of those decisions he was set on, so no grooms cake it was.

Following tradition, our cake is in our freezer so that we can "enjoy" it on our 1 year wedding anniversary, but I highly doubt it will taste good then! :)

Our Potterybarn cake serving set!

Oops, didn't mean to aim at his eye!

Love!

I wasn't able to get any pictures of the beautiful custom runner on the cake table. It was a linen runner which had our monogram painted on it, which I absolutely adore! I will share more details that were missed in a separate post.

All photos by Grise Photography

22 comments:

  1. I love your cake! We also couldn't justify the extra cost of a groom's cake.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the simplicity of your cake! We didn't have a groom's cake at the wedding but I made sure the cake we had at our engagement party was more like a groom's cake in that it had a fishing theme on it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your cake was lovely!! Love the blue around each layer! We saved some of our wedding cake for our 1st anniversary too... I'll be lucky if I can even get Nate to try any! haha!

    ReplyDelete
  4. love your cake!! simplicity is better sometimes and yours is lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great cake, I love how you went simple. It turned out great, and you guys look so happy. Congratulations! I'm a new follower.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your blog! Super cute! I became a follower of your blog! :) Erin

    www.healthybranscoms.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a gorgeous cake and you look absolutely stunning!! Love your blog!! Following!!

    xox,
    karen

    www.rubytuesdayfashionanddesign.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful cake...so classy and elegant!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the cake... I think it is beautiful and simple! Perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful cake and I love raspberry filling!!! Perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  11. i think the simple white cake is often the prettiest! your pictures are gorgeous! I have seen a linen monogram runner from Etsy & they add something so special :-)

    ReplyDelete
  12. great idea, this cake is so pretty and simple! I am not a big cake fan either...but you are right, most guests heart them some wedding cake!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love your cake!!! Ours was really simple like that too! Ours is in the freezer, but won't taste good either!!!!! New follower!

    ReplyDelete
  14. First of all, I must admit...we have known each other from the past: Project Wedding past :) Our computer died and then I just wasn't into it anymore because we already tied the knot, lol ; but so awesome I just came across a fellow PWer ;)

    I love your blog, its so cute!! And love the simplicity of y'all's cake! :)

    maryvandy.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. the cake looks amazing! love the pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  16. We also got our cake from Publix, the topper we put in the freezer was chocolate cake with raspberry filling and white buttercream like yours. And you will be surprised - if you wrapped it right, the cake will taste DELICIOUS a year later. Mine was almost as good as on our Wedding Day. Yumm!!! Nothing went bad and the cake and everything was fresh and tasty. It was def a lot of fun to relive thememories...

    ReplyDelete
  17. cake wasn't high on our priority list either, so I totally understand that! but I do love how simple and beautiful your cake looks!

    and if it's anything like our experience - you'll be surprised how delicious that frozen cake actually tastes! Ours was seriously like the day of the wedding- no joke!

    ReplyDelete
  18. What a classic and elegant cake...I love the blue touches. YUM. I missed you, too!!!! =)))

    ReplyDelete
  19. mmm love Publix cake!!! we didn't have a grooms cake either mostly because I forgot (oops!) and we had pies instead. your wedding photos are really great!

    ReplyDelete

I love receiving feedback on my posts, your comments are greatly appreciated! :)