Yesterday, 10/22 marked 1 year since Daniel and I got engaged! If you're not familiar with our proposal story you can go back to this post here and read all about it! :)
We wanted to make our "engage-aversary" special, so that morning I woke up early and made us a nice breakfast before work, after work we had a nice run/walk workout at the lake, went home to make a nice costa rican tilapia dinner together, burned my yummy smelling Island Margarita candle, made some delicious Pirates Painkillers, and later in the evening headed out to Bob Marley's to listen to some fun reggae music and dance! Throughout the day I would remind Daniel what we were doing in St. Thomas on that same day just a year ago... it was so fun to remember what fun we had!
Here are some pictures of our proposal!
This is the private beach on St. John's Island where Daniel proposed to me! It was very secluded and so beautiful! It's called Honeymoon Beach.. how fun is that!? You can see the sailboat that chartered us to the island on the left.
Daniel proposing! He was so nervous he didn't want to let go of the ring box! You know, I thought I would cry but I didn't. I just remember being so happy, I couldn't stop smiling and squealing when I would look down at my ring on that trip (I still do that now!)
Awww! :)
I love this picture... here we are just smiling from ear to ear with love, happiness, and joy!
Go ahead girl, he put a ring on it! haha
I posed like this in almost every picture on this trip! haha Either that or the signature "hand on the chest" pose! Love it! We used this picture on our Engagement Party photo cards!
The area right out front of our resort. The water and weather were SO beautiful!
If you ever get the opportunity to go to St. Thomas and St. John, I highly recommend you go! Also, we highly, highly recommend chartering a sailboat through Morningstar Charters if you are in St. Thomas! They catered to our every need, had all of our favorite cocktails on board, had our favorite music playing, made us a very tasty lunch, and of course made Daniel's proposal so special.
We had such an unforgettable time and I will forever remember all the special memories we made there!
*A little side note, if I would have known my blog friend Gina lived in St. Thomas at the time of Daniel's proposal I would have paid her a visit! Aw, shucks.. maybe next time! If you love beachy decor, attire, and the lifestyle then you'll love her shop! Go here for her site!
Have a wonderful weekend!



















wow you're getting close lady!! i love the photo recaps of your engagement, it's perfect.
ReplyDeleteenjoy every second :)
What a great way to celebrate being engaged for a year! Enjoy these next few months, I'm sure they're going to fly by! :)
ReplyDeleteHappy engage-aversary! The photos from your proposal are awesome, and before you know it, you'll be heading down the aisle.
ReplyDeleteThank you so much girls! We had a fun time and it was nice reminicing! :)
ReplyDeleteHappy Engaga-versary! 10/22 was my husband's birthday, it's a good day indeed!
ReplyDeleteAwww ! I love the pictures and the new look of your blog... has it been that long? Congrats on the engage-aversary, next thing you know it will be your wedding anniversary :)
ReplyDeleteHappy 'Engage-aversary' you two! What a great proposal story and love the pics! I too thought I'd cry when the hubs would propose but like you, all I did was smile and I was in dis-belief for a few seconds. So everytime we see a girl cry on TV when the boy proposes, he always says-um, why didn't YOU do that? LoL!
ReplyDeleteOh how much fun both the anniversary and the engagement pics! I am so happy for ya'll. That dinner sounds fab girl- you must give me the recipe! XOXO Jessica
ReplyDeleteHow adorable is this post, loved it - you two are so adorable! Happy engage-versary!
ReplyDeleteWhat an amazing proposal. I love the photographs, so beautiful.
ReplyDeleteI hope you have a wonderful last six months of your engagement. Enjoy it!
(And, I totally want to go to St. Thomas and St. John.)
Happy engage-aversary! I'd love to visit St. Thomas/St. John at some point.
ReplyDeleteHappy engageaversary!
ReplyDeleteWhat gorgeous photos! Looks like a fun & romantic time!
Thanks for stopping by my blog..sorry it took so long to get back to ya!
Love your blog..I'm a new follower!
Happy anniversary! :)
ReplyDeleteWhat a spectacular proposal that was!!!
ReplyDeleteRegarding the glass display boxes..., oh, well. I find them a bit pricey too, but have not found them anywhere else so far!
Maya @ Completely Coastal
Happy Belated Engage-aversary!!!
ReplyDeletewow time flies!!!!
ReplyDeletei remember squealing at the screen when i read your post!! kale thought i was going crazy! haha
your wedding is going to be BEAUTIFULLLL!!!
Happy engage-aversary! :) That sure went by fast... won't be long now will it?
ReplyDeleteSo close!! Love all of these photos too :) Such a happy couple! Awe xoxo
ReplyDeleteSo cute!
ReplyDeleteawww i remember your announcement that you {finally} got engaged! seems like just yesterday!
ReplyDeleteso beautiful!! looks like a wonderful trip! congratulations and happy engage-aversary!
ReplyDeleteYou two are uber adorable!!!
ReplyDelete