Monday, August 2, 2010

Our Wedding: Photo Sharing Cards

I won a business card giveaway and uploaded my own design which I created on Publisher. Daniel and I opened a FLICKR account and have a general username and password for our guests to upload their digital photos and share them with us and other guests. I put one of the many monogram designs I had made at the top, and the wording is in our wedding colors, sky blue, beige, with a white background.

This wasn't something I wanted to spend a lot of money on so winning them in a giveaway and not having to pay for shipping was great. I plan to put these in our out of town guest bags and lay them on the guest book table for people to grab if they choose.
Hard to read, but you get the idea!

Did you make photo sharing cards for your guests? Were they taken/used, and were you able to get pictures from your guests on your website after the wedding?

6 comments:

  1. They look great! I did this, too and used Vistaprint only paying about $15 total for shipping and printing for 250 cards. I absolutely loved them! But somehow, they didn't get much use from the guests. They were supposed to be given to every guest by the valet at the end of the night and some guests got them but others said they didn't. I now wish I would have mailed them out with the thank you cards instead.

    I still to this day have a ton of people who keep telling me they have pics from our wedding that they haven't uploaded or sent us to share with us! Makes me irritated hearing about it. Hopefully you'll get lots of images shared!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I made some of these as well and had a few scattered on each table. Unfortunately nobody took advantage of it and uploaded pictures though I know people were taking pictures. I think they just weren't familiar with something like this and therefore didn't use it.

    Hopefully your guests will use it and you'll get a lot of great pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We just got ours today, I used vistaprint. I really hope people will use them. We are going to put them by the guest book and then I will include them in thank you cards as well.

    ReplyDelete
  4. friends sent them to us..or posted on FB... its always a pain getting them from people!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I did not do this and wish I would have. Such a great idea to share the memory of your wedding with your guests. Pics last forever! Slapping myself for not thinking of this! LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those are great and FREE is always a super PLUS! I won so many giveaways and was so grateful, it saved me so much money...its definitely a smart part of planning a wedding.
    I did print them for my guests and they took them and used them so I was happy. I used a $200 gift certificate that I won from Wedding Paper Divas.

    ReplyDelete

I love receiving feedback on my posts, your comments are greatly appreciated! :)