I'm so excited to have our save the dates finished!
(front)
We chose the Faith & Liam design template from Andrea Gerig's Etsy shop which I posted about here. For the postcards we used Vistaprint. I was very fortunate to sample their postcards when asked to do a review so I knew firsthand how easy they would be to order and that the quality would be great. When I received them I was very happy. They were shipped so fast, the quality was great, and we're very satisfied with how they turned out.
Back; I whited out our last names and website info.
I never considered myself a budget bride, but as soon as Daniel and I got engaged we knew we had to stay within our budget. We are also in the process of buying our first house, and have other expenses so I decided early on that I wanted to try and win things or keep costs very low when it came to paper products and the little things that add up for our wedding. I won the Save the Date template in a giveaway, and the stamps were only .28 each. While I think the save the date sets the tone for our wedding, I didn't want to stress over it or spend too much so I think we did pretty well.
What did you choose to go with for your save the date, a magnet, card, or postcard?
What was the reason for you decision, was cost a factor?













These look really great, love the photos you picked.
ReplyDeleteWe did something similar but on magnets.
I love Vistaprint!
ReplyDeleteWe did a news letter that looked like a newspaper with all of the info and teasers for our wedding...we also included save the date stickers for the guests' calendars - we did all of it ourselves!
Wow they came out fantastic! Great photos too :)
ReplyDeleteFor our Save the Date, we did a magnet (from vista print) with a wedding day timeline that had our website on it.
The save the date looks great!!!!!!!!! We did a save the date magnet.
ReplyDeleteLove the Save The Dates!! We went with Vistaprint also for our Save The Dates, Invitations, and Thank You Cards. I have been super impressed with them!!
ReplyDeletelove it! i'm marrying a Daniel too :-D we're also doing STD postcards to save costs.
ReplyDeletevista for us too!! we had the info put on the front with our pic...and threw on a piece of magnet on the back...cheap cheap! then we used martha stewarts wrap around label template...for mailing labels... free! looks good!!!
ReplyDeleteVistaprint rocks! Great job on yours! We did postcards as well, only for the out of town guests and close family.
ReplyDeleteI love how it turned out! Such a great photo
ReplyDeleteThey look great!
ReplyDeleteOh it looks great!! We are actually going to do save the date cards (not magnets), too... I've already found a PERFECT lady who is incredible--think southern with a touch of fun and I can't wait!!!
ReplyDeleteThose look amazing! I love them! I ordered the large magnets from vistaprint - and they turned out great! It was a budget issue - I just didn't see any reason to spend extra money on something that I could save on.
ReplyDeleteThere is an award for you on my blog : )
www.wifey-in-training.blogspot.com
Vistaprint is a great place for quick, easy and inexpensive printing needs. I got two things from them for our wedding day :)
ReplyDeleteYour STD's came out great...very simple and yet still sets the theme of your day and very cute :) The photos are great.
We had a little square card we mailed out that I made myself (with some design help from my sister). It had some pics of us on it with all the info but then had three little stickers with our names and date in our wedding colors on them. There was a little poem that read:
Stacey & John are tying the knot
To join their lives they cannot wait
They'd love for you to share in their joy
So stick these on your calendar and Save the Date!
I loved it...the 3 stickers could be placed on calendars or dayplanners or as I saw one of Mr Fix It's friend do, he used the stickers to stick the card to his fridge! Silly boys!
They turned out great!!!!!
ReplyDeletebeautiful beautiful beautiful! Hey are you wondering who left you that comment on the kids table with the profile testblog? THAT WAS ME! I am testing a new blog layout and I forgot to sign out of that account before I left you a comment! SOrry about that !
ReplyDeleteLOVE it!!!!
ReplyDeleteVery cute! Love the photos! ;)
ReplyDeleteWow! They look awesome. I love, love, love them!!! Excellent job. I especially like the use of so many of your engagement pictures. SCORE! Vistaprint seems like an really good route. I'm still trying to figure out our save the dates. I'm considering a similiar style!
ReplyDeleteWhat a hottie you snagged yourself! Those are great pics!
ReplyDeleteThis comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeletelove your save the date postcards... they are so cute! I also love the pic of him playing the guitar... my boyfriend plays guitar. He has a CD out and has even played on The Grand Ole Opry in Nashville, TN. What kind of Music does you man play?
ReplyDeleteThese are awesome! Wow, so much has happened since I last visited here. :)
ReplyDelete