Thursday, April 25, 2013

Oh hello, there!

Ahhh I've done it again! Neglected our blog. To say things have been hectic on my end would be an understatement! I have so much to share... where do I even begin? :)

March went by in a blur, we enjoyed taking our trips (pictures soon!) that I mentioned in my last post and I've been busy with school!  Quitting my job the end of March was quite a transition for me, too.  I'm still trying to get used to being a housewife and focusing my energy on school.  I've also applied to some schools for substitute teaching, so I'm hoping that I will get some calls in the near future (now or in the fall) from the schools to start working one or two days a week.

I'd like to start setting some small goals for myself to be more productive while I'm at home -- managing our household better, sticking to a weekly cleaning schedule, planning out our meals again and trying new meals and having more of a workout routine.  Hitting the gym more frequently would be nice now that I have more free time.  I just need to make it a priority!


This spring/early summer we are still planning to make some updates to our kitchen and yard!  We are in the planning stages right now and Daniel is finally biting the bullet and getting an electrician and cabinet guy out to our house soon, so we can get started! :)  I know it will be a work in progress and we are just doing small things here and there to get started, but it is so exciting getting things going!  I don't want to come across as a nagging wife, I should add that Daniel has been very busy with work and doing very well! I'm very proud of my hard working husband!

Next week, April 30th Daniel and I will celebrate our 2nd Wedding Anniversary! Exciting stuff! We have our "cotton" gifts at the ready and of course, I already bought the perfect card for my sweet hubby!  We're planning a romantic dinner at the Capital Grille and possibly share a pazookie dessert at BJ's! ha! More on our anniversary later!


I know pictures are more fun to look at, so when I get some time to upload some recent pics I will share more.  That's all for now!  I'll be back soon with more fun news, photos and updates! :)

xo

4 comments:

  1. Aww.. happy 2 year anniversary!!! Glad to see you back in the blog world!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can't believe it'll already be your 2nd wedding anniversary, congrats and enjoy it! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I keep wanting to make a meal plan for the week and stick to it. I feel like I go to the grocery store every day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm the same way, I've created a routine for myself with daily goals, or even sometimes weekly. Like, for example, I'd plan out my week's menu or have our 'scheduled' outings all written down in the calendar. I'm planning on painting one area of my kitchen with chalkboard paint so that a) the adult area will be for planning and b) the kids area will be for my little one when she wants to go nuts and not ruin our living room wall :D

    ReplyDelete

I love receiving feedback on my posts, your comments are greatly appreciated! :)