Sunday, July 28, 2013

Bumpdate: Week 22

Another week has passed... my oh my how time is flying!  I have to say, I'm really embracing being pregnant. I absolutely love it.  Daniel has told me he's never seen me happier and that I'm pleasant to be be around :) I'm enjoying this time.  I know some people loathe being pregnant, feel disgusting, have every symptom in the books, complain a ton, etc.. I just don't have that experience and for that I am so grateful!  


Taken on Sanibel Island
We had a great time visiting Andrew & Briana in Ft. Myers this weekend!  We relaxed, went to some nice restaurants, went to the beach.. it was fun!  It was Daniel and I's first time going to Ft. Myers and Sanibel Island, we really enjoyed our stay!

How far along?
21w6d
Size of the little darling?
A Papaya
Maternity Clothes?
Comfy clothes, some maternity
Symptoms? 
I'm feeling pretty good this week.  No back pain this week, that just lasted a couple days thank goodness.  I have had a couple of minor headaches two days in a row this week, but I think they were just due to me being hungry or thirsty.  When I got a pedicure the lady said my feet looked a little swollen, so I guess the swelling is starting to happen.  Today at the beach my rings were really tough to get off, so the heat is definitely increasing swelling.  I may have to stop wearing my rings soon--but I'll definitely go out and buy a fake ring that fits my swollen finger! ;) haha
Weight Gain?
I'm not sure, but I would guess 16-18 pounds or so.  I feel bigger.  My belly is expanding!
Stretch Marks?
Yep, a little
Gender? 
GIRL
Movement?
Yes! She is active in the morning and right before bed.  It's usually after I eat breakfast or dinner.  I used to only feel her while laying down or laying still on the couch, but now I feel her move when I'm standing or walking as well.  She is starting to move higher like more near my belly button.  I used to only feel her really low, but I guess since she's growing I'm now feeling the movement higher. 
Sleep?
I'm not sleeping well this week.  I'm getting up to use the restroom and switch sides constantly.  My friend is giving me her pregnancy pillow, so I'm hoping maybe that will help with the restlessness some.  I'm thankful I can sleep in a little in the mornings, so that has helped. 
Food Cravings?
Same -- breakfast foods & sweets.
Food Aversions?
Just no veggies, really.  I'm forcing myself to eat them.  
Best moment of the week?
*Daniel FINALLY felt Ava kick a couple of times on Tuesday night!  We were on the couch and I told him she was moving, so he put his hand on my stomach.  The look on his face was priceless!  He was shocked and excited he was able to feel her. He kept saying "So cool"! :)

**On a side note, just for record keeping purposes... I've REALLY enjoyed taking showers lately.  At the end of the day, a nice, hot shower just feels amazing to me and I truly feel like I'm being pampered.  It's the little things I guess! :)

8 comments:

  1. Aww, yay to daddy feeling Ava kick! And I'm right there with you loving being pregnant too. Although despite really having every symptom in the book and feeling so sick in the beginning, I'm really enjoying and loving it now!

    Xoxo
    Petchie
    www.psblogbook.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. This update has to be my favorite so far! Love the cutest picture of you and that Daniel finally felt her kick!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You look adorable and so glad you're enjoying your pregnancy. I hope I will enjoy mine some day too! My mom always said she loved being pregnant.
    I haven't been to Sanibel but I'm so hoping to visit now that my parents live outside Tampa. I hear it's the number one place for finding shells!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aw you look absolutely fantastic! Glad to hear you are doing so well!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You look so cute in your beach wear :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. OMG! Look how cute you are! :) And I completely agree about showers... they feel AMAZING!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You look great!! That's so exciting that Daniel felt her kick- baby kicks are the best feeling in the world. I was not a fan of pregnancy at all but now that Miller is here I would totally do it all over again.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You look super cute :) love the hat!

    ReplyDelete

I love receiving feedback on my posts, your comments are greatly appreciated! :)